Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting alpine hu in vz

vzssute ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
hey guys just new to the forum i have bought a vz ss ute and im upgrading the audio system i have the parts but have an issue
i have a alpine cde 134 ebt hu that im trying to fit i also have i aerpro facia kit which is no good as the head unit is to bulky to fit in
just wondering if anyone has had the same issue fitting an alpine unit and how they got around it.

cheers

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Should be no issues fitting the unit with the Aerpro facia. Make sure you have removed the factory cradle, you can remove it with out pulling the centre console out, 2 screws on bottom, 1 screw at back then crush it and will come out.

vzssute ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
the issue i have is the slot cut out in the facia is not big enough for the hu i have fitted a pioneer hu in my misses vz wagon with the same facia just went straight in
but the alpine unit is bigger in size. wasnt sure if there was a different facia i could use

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
You can use the facia from DNA, never had any problem with them.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
try fitting th HU from the back. I had a similar Dilema with my AXIS 7" touch screen single din. found if i took the plastic ring that goes around the outside off, it would slide in from the rear.

motorformula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
A Lot of the facia Kits out there are inly big enough to fit a 172mm wide screen/unit in them. With the rotating faces they usually come in at about 178mm wide.

On speaking to a manufacturer, they came back and said the Aerpro ones were made for the likes of Alpine who had a nice 170mm wide unit to go into the fitting kits.

I have successfully filed down these facia trims to fit larger units.

Recommend a Hand file, and long slow strokes to keep them even.

Given that though they are usually only $15-$20, and if the DNA one mentioned above fits yours it wil give you a neater finish at the end of the day.