Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting baby restraint

tek_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
hey fellas first post on the forums.
I have bought my wife a vx commodore and we are installing the baby restraint. The brand is Safe n Sound and its one that converts from forward facing to rearward facing.

The question i have is what are you supposed to do for the middle belt as it is not just a lap belt it is a full belt like the rest of the seats and thus when feeding it through the back hole doesnt tighten the seat down, rather it wants to pull it up

Im sure someone has had this problem before so im just asking to see what the solution is
Thanks

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
You have to make sure the bottem part of the that gose to the clip is tight befor you tighten the top part if you know what I mean but if you are concerned put it in the way you think then get a pro to check it be for you put your child in it oh are you runing the seat belt under the childs butt as mine has a small hole that could be over look as aa seat belt hole hope it helps

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
RACV do checks for $30,well worth it.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
You feed the belt the same way you would if it was on the end. The trick to getting it tight is to hold the belt close to the retractor but leave enough that you can pull the rest of the belt all the way out. Now remember to still hold it close to the retractor and then let the rest of the belt that you pulled out go. Takes a bit of practice but by pulling the whole belt out and letting it go it locks when it stops. Hope you understand what I mean.

tek_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yeah i understand what you are saying, just making sure that it is acceptable to use a belt like this... Id hope it is because many new cars come out with these seat belts. There was no mention of it in the manual or anything like that so i though either its fine to use that belt or they just assume you had the normal lap belts.

Thanks for the help

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
As ADO said, take it to RACV. Its for a child at the end of the day. It your not sure take it as you will need to change the position and profile of the seat over the coming years.