Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting CAI to my car,trans cooler line???HELP PLZ!!

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
hi all, i have done a search for this , but to no avail, can any1 tell me if it is ok to fit the s/c cai to my vs bending the trans cooler line into the radiator?? As ive tried to fit one before and onli way it will fit is if i bend the trans line, i didnt wanna do that before as i was scared it might break, but as ive noticed alot of u on here have done it allready, just wondering how u guys fitted it...

It would be really appreciated if i could get a reply by this afternoon(say 3pm latest) so i can order the part in through holden as my one dosnt stock it, so i can pick up 2moz morning and fit.

Thanks heaps:thumbsup:
Jamie

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i had the same problem with my ute seems to be with the early series I vs's this is how they are built (didnt have the problem with my series II sedan) all i did was carefully bend the metal pipe into a new shape its ok as long as your gental and dont kink it the fluid will still flow i installed the cai a couple months ago and havent had a problem what so ever i shall take shots of it when i get home to

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
thanks mate ur a champ, yeah mines an april 95 build,lol, ahhk i just dont like the idea of bending the pipes, but if it worked for u i geuss i can try it.

Anyone else give me any info about this , as id like to be as sure as i can b4 i lay out the money for one.

much appreciated!

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
any one with any info, please????

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
k thanks for clearing that up:thumbsup: have you got the s/c CAI hooked up to your car?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
yeah mynes the holden s/c cai i wasent to fond on bending the pipes either but i wasent gona throw the cai out and not have one so priority took place :p

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
yeh i bought one a few months ago, tried to fit then , my dad said i shouldnt bend the trans lines cos they will break, i took it back to holden and got money back, then i decided to cut the airbox right open at the bottom, sounds real good , nice deep intake rumble under throttle, but now i cant stand the suction sound on idle, very loud, thats why i wanna get a cai again and put in, i just wanna make sure of the trans line this time, as long as im allowed to bend all is good ,lol plus im sure a cai will look more legal than a cut air box,lol

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
dont bend the trans line... i was going to fit the CAI to my 96 VS as the trans line at the top was in the way... thought about bending it but after deliberation i came to the conculsion that the flow of fluid would not be the same.... best bet is to buy a right angled connector , the rubber hose will face toward the ground....

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i bought and fitted the CAI on sat, just had to bend the line a lil, dosnt look like it interups the flow. After driving i noticed smoother gear changes(u actually cant feel them, i never knew what gear i was in until i see the revs!), power wise i cant really notice much, butmy revs have gone up which i hope will settle, or would i have to reset ecu to recognise the difference in air flow? Overall im happy with it, makes engine bay look better too,loland its alot quieter no more sucking sound except WOT. .

Thanks for all ur input into this guys, was much appreciated!:thumbsup: