Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Clubsport kit...

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi all...how are you?

Look I just handed over the keys to my much loved VS and have now recently hopped behind the wheel of a VY...series II. It currently has been de-badged...dumped nicely...18's...Full Genuine SS kit (however not badged as an SS...would be silly. before you all flame me I dont believe in claiming that I have something that I clearly havent...i just pick the best nicest bits from holden and combine them to make a nice neat package that I like. I never badge a car or use non-genuine parts. If you actually see it im sure you will agree it looks nice and neat...im not one of these fully sick ulehs ok! lol...anyway) including foglamps minus spoiler and has clubsport rear garnish and badge. Also has colour coded mirrors...anyway...I am wanting to purt a genuine clubsport kit on it (there will be no badges on this either bar the bonnet and garnish ones). So ill need the front, rear bar, side skirts, spotties, spoiler, headlights and tail lights...i dont need the garnish as I already have it. anyway I just wanted to know as there is a difference in the shape of the headlights...is there any difference in the guards or bonnet is it the same as the ones on it now? Do i need to change them? Also im almost certain but checking just in case...the tail lights bolt straight in correct? any help would be much appreaciated...

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
bonnet's are the same as far as i know and that headlights are the same shape and should go straight in as far as i know as well.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
bonnet's are the same as far as i know and that headlights are the same shape and should go straight in as far as i know as well.

Cool cheers for that mate...what about the guards?

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Just make sure that the front bar you get has the tear drop sections, otherwise it could end up a very expensive mistake. Also, make sure you steer clear of fibreglass bonnets, these (to the best of my knowledge) are enough for you to end up with a defect notice on your car, and apparently are easy to spot.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just make sure that the front bar you get has the tear drop sections, otherwise it could end up a very expensive mistake. Also, make sure you steer clear of fibreglass bonnets, these (to the best of my knowledge) are enough for you to end up with a defect notice on your car, and apparently are easy to spot.

Could you go into more detail about the tear drop sections? Im going to get a genuine holden bar not an after market one. Also arent the bonnets the same? also the guards guys...I need to know if they are the same?

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Fibreglass bonnets are usally about half the cost of a steel bonnet, thats the easiest way to know. The tear drop section is where the park lights are located in the vy headlights cluster.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Could you go into more detail about the tear drop sections?

Lower spec VY's have a small "bump" on the lower line of the headlight, where the parker bulb is fitted. Turn your parkers on and you will see it.

Higher spec cars such as Berlina do not have them and therefore do not have the corresponding "cut out" in the bumper. You will need to ensure your headlights and bumper match, which ever you have.

I am pretty sure the gaurds are the same.

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
if you get a genuine clubsport front bar you will need to change your headlights. as said in a previous post, the ss lights have the lower drop down park light, the genuine clubsport has the same headlights as the calais (without this drop down section)

you should be able to pick up a set of calais/hsv headlights on ebay for about $350 and then you should be able to sell your ss ones on ebay for $250-$300... or sell them to me ;-)

matt.

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
Hi all...how are you?

Look I just handed over the keys to my much loved VS and have now recently hopped behind the wheel of a VY...series II. It currently has been de-badged...dumped nicely...18's...Full Genuine SS kit (however not badged as an SS...would be silly. before you all flame me I dont believe in claiming that I have something that I clearly havent...i just pick the best nicest bits from holden and combine them to make a nice neat package that I like. I never badge a car or use non-genuine parts. If you actually see it im sure you will agree it looks nice and neat...im not one of these fully sick ulehs ok! lol...anyway) including foglamps minus spoiler and has clubsport rear garnish and badge. Also has colour coded mirrors...anyway...I am wanting to purt a genuine clubsport kit on it (there will be no badges on this either bar the bonnet and garnish ones). So ill need the front, rear bar, side skirts, spotties, spoiler, headlights and tail lights...i dont need the garnish as I already have it. anyway I just wanted to know as there is a difference in the shape of the headlights...is there any difference in the guards or bonnet is it the same as the ones on it now? Do i need to change them? Also im almost certain but checking just in case...the tail lights bolt straight in correct? any help would be much appreaciated...

All just comes together like a dream mate. But don't take my word for it. I did it and look at my pics.

They speak for themselves. My advice - GO FOR IT. :thumbsup:

Cheerssssss

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thats wat I thought...I was a little confused when you said to watch the tear drop sections...because the clubsport doest have it and I was thinking what the hell...lol...i was thinkin it was still hidden there somewhere but I was almost certain it wasnt...thanks for all your help guys...!