Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting cruise control

ru16yt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx wagon
Ok so ive had really good look for info, Ive found some but seems alot of it is rather old..

I have access to all the parts FROM a VT to do it to my VX.

My VX has the plug on drivers side strut tower.

Im wanting to know if any has a diagram of how to swap it over so i can grab all the parts i need etc as thats what im unsure,

BTW awesome forum with good info :)

ru16yt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx wagon
UPDATE: I was at the wrecker's grabbing couple bits. He seem's to think you cant just add cruise control to a car that wasnt made with it? Even though the plug etc is there.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I thought all you needed is..
Loom to the Module.
Module
Throttle body attachment
brake switch thing.
Loom
and Cruise control stalk..

Im sure if you have a 4 pin connection inside your steering column.. and the plug in the engine you should be able to do it.

Suprised wreckers would say that.. Cruise control has been around for a while.. My mates VP has Cruise control.. so I dont see why VX doesnt have them stock?

ru16yt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx wagon
I thought all you needed is..
Loom to the Module.
Module
Throttle body attachment
brake switch thing.
Loom
and Cruise control stalk..

Im sure if you have a 4 pin connection inside your steering column.. and the plug in the engine you should be able to do it.

Suprised wreckers would say that.. Cruise control has been around for a while.. My mates VP has Cruise control.. so I dont see why VX doesnt have them stock?

Yup ive got all parts required, I beleive the vx i have is the lower class model so was not fitted but in this case has all the wiring there ready. So now im unsure?

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
hey mate my vt was the same with the plug(orange around it) in the engine bay..... all i did was buy a blinker arm with the cruise buttons(when u take ur old blinker arm out u will see the seperate black wire for the cruise to plug into the new arm), got the module/unit and cable, fitted n plugged it all in and put the relay or fuse in the fuse box and it all worked... i found if u have the plug in the bay u wont have to change the brake pedal switch as its already the correct one and plugged in...

if u need any help with it mate send me a pm

ru16yt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx wagon
hey mate my vt was the same with the plug(orange around it) in the engine bay..... all i did was buy a blinker arm with the cruise buttons(when u take ur old blinker arm out u will see the seperate black wire for the cruise to plug into the new arm), got the module/unit and cable, fitted n plugged it all in and put the relay or fuse in the fuse box and it all worked... i found if u have the plug in the bay u wont have to change the brake pedal switch as its already the correct one and plugged in...

Oh awesome man just what i wanted to hear, Ill give it ago this weekend and update how i go! Cheers for the help

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
too easy buddy... hope it all goes to plan for ya

robdog1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s1 wagon

hi mate very intersted in puting cruise in my vt wagon do you think you could message me everything you did as well as what it all costed and where you bought it from