Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Fitting Diff cooler on stranded ve zf diff

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
??? Maybe just read that paragrapgh again from Harrop because they mention "lack of friction modifiers" and "least amount of friction modifier" and yet it says nothing about viscosity.

And don't friction modifiers there to reduce friction? they reduce the chatter in cone/clutch type LSD units i.e they allow them to "slip" more smoothly.
No friction modifiers are actually what they use in synthetic oils hence why I pointed it out.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Friction modifiers are used in both mineral and synthetic oils. Synthetic oils are used because the can withstand more heat before they break down and generally a longer service life.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I know/have seen a lot of high level purpose built drift/track cars and none of them have any kind of diff cooling outside of an diff cover that can expand fluid capacity and maybe add some cooling fins on it. I think you will see results from just changing the diff oil more regularly based on what you're actually using the diff for rather than trying to make the oil last longer, that and centre choice.