Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Dual Cats to vx

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
My Cat on my vx is blocked i was wondering if you use the twin cat system used on the vz v6 alloytec engine as these cats will be newer and easier to find ones with lower k's on them

I've also heard that the vy series 2 v6 has twin cats also like the vz's if that true they should just bolt straight on to my vx v6 as it basically the same body and engine etc

i dont have enough money to buy a aftermarket system i just want my car to run better

ps I've had the cat tested by an exhaust shop and the test said its blocked and its also slow as all **** eg put my foot down and no go.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
There is no straight bolt up twin cat system, unless you can get your hands on an L67 system. I'm in the middle of trying to do this myself. Even if you get the two cats (make sure they are the flat ones, don't get VY SS S2 cats as they are round and don't fit) then you will need to get some cat pipes custom made to attach them. In all honesty if your car is basically stock, a single cat is more then enough for it. Maybe get yourself a high-flow 200cpi cat if you want too, but forking out for two will gain you nothing without other mods.

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
Wat if i got all of the l67 system i shouldn't need to get anything made up to make it fix

L67 Is a full dual system Am i Right?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina