Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting electric windows

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by Cobra30, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Got a VY

Got a VY Guest

riged up the wireing on the windows today.The pinouts you gave me where spot on but if you got your loom out of a VT or VX belive it or not the pinouts on the plug for the main switch are diferent.Its not hard to work out what pins have to be moved around on the main plug.What i did was get the main loom and took all the wires out that had nothing to do with the windows so all i was left with was the wires to 5 plugs, swaped the pins on the main plug around to suit and wired the orange/white "+" and Black/Blue "-" up to a transformer and my liveing room flaw had 4 power window :yeah:
    Will install them tomoro will let you no how i go.
    Thanks

2. smyth

smyth New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive

Nice:)

So do you guys have wiring in place to plug the looms into, or have you had to run wires as well?

3. Cobra30

Cobra30 Member

Members Ride:
    VY V6 S2 Crewman
    My car has the relay connectors, switch loom wired to the BCM, and wiring from the BCM to the door pillar connectors and the rear door looms in place.

4. Got a VY

Got a VY Guest

my car didnt.
    yesterday riped out the seats and ran a new loom from a car that did have the plugs,wireing etc.Now the front windows go up and down :)
    will do the rears soon.What a c of a job.

5. Doctor Bob

Doctor Bob Grandpa

Members Ride:
    RG. Colorado & Caravan
    ive seen a dealer chicken out & endded up putting an aftermarket window system in, the BCM wiring is too much drama to get working in a VY, earlier models its pretty simple.

Rob

6. Got a VY

Got a VY Guest

Tell me about it.I didnt even no about it till i had a read of this post.
    I just ran the std wireing direct with out all the crap.Much easyer.
    But i gues if you could be bothered running it with the BCM you would have more of a factory fit.But i gues i used holden parts.
    Did the rears today and they are a hell of alot easyer than the fronts.
    A fue hints
    when takeing out the old regs keap the windows all the way up,saves you from scratching the **** out of your tint as i found out on the 1st window i did.
    also the old regs have to be drilled out as they have pop rivets for people who didnt no.I just used 5mm nuts and bolts to remount them.

7. Got a VY

Got a VY Guest

Oh and cobra
    To fill the holes on the trims i just got come rubber gromets from the local supper cheep.They fit the hole great and you can bearly see them.I was just going to use this for time been but it looks that good ill just leave it.

8. smyth

smyth New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive
    Any chance of taking a photo of the gromets? I've been considering this for quite a while and filling the holes is my major concern.

9. Cobra30

Cobra30 Member

Members Ride:
    VY V6 S2 Crewman
    Did you use relays for switching power to each door motor or just use the main switch alone ?

10. Got a VY

Got a VY Guest

Tell you the truth i didnt use 1 realay in the hole thing:yeah:
    I will put one in soon just for the main power suply.There is a spare on the fuse box so ill just use that.

Smyth i will take a photo for you some time today and post it up.They dont look to bad. :thumbsup:

11. Got a VY

Got a VY Guest

pics of the gromets used

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. smyth

smyth New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive
    Hey very nice. This has renewed my desire to do the conversion.

13. owen_wongdoe

owen_wongdoe New Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 Calais
    Hi,
    Im having a problem with the front window of the driver side intermittently not going up.
    It goes down fine, but not up. Seeing as it is the only window with this problem and that it is an intermittent fault, I am thinking it is due to the BCM.
    I am therefore going to try to bypass the BCM and wire it into the same circuit as the other windows. Can you see any possibility I have of frying the BCM if I simply add the 'dumb' 12V supply in parallel with the BCM supply?
    Cheers,
    Owen

14. owen_wongdoe

owen_wongdoe New Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 Calais
    Hi,
    I would greatly appreciate any info on the power window wiring for the VS Calais.
    Im having a problem with the front window of the driver side intermittently not going up.
    It goes down fine, but not up. Seeing as it is the only window with this problem and that it is an intermittent fault, I am thinking it is due to the BCM.
    I am therefore going to try to bypass the BCM and wire it into the same circuit as the other windows. Can you see any possibility I have of frying the BCM if I simply add the 'dumb' 12V supply in parallel with the BCM supply?
    Cheers,
    Owen

15. Trewman

Trewman New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV
    Hey guys a little off topic. Ive got a whole VZ Dash in my vt. The power windows system is the same as VY Im pretty sure. At the moment Ive got my VT window switch hooked up. The VY/VZ one plugs in the same. Can anybody confirm it will work?

Does anyone have the wiring diagram of both the VT & VY/VZ plug which goes into the switch block? Thankyou

16. _POISON_

_POISON_ New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Executive Custom
    Does any 1 have a diagram of the wiring harness and all its connectors?
    i have a s2 Vs exec and i got all the power window regulators plus the switches.
    i was thinking of making a harness from scratch. can any1 help me out with diagrams and such so i know what plugs an colors do what..