Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting electric windows

G

Got a VY

pics of the gromets used

DSC00673.JPG

DSC00674.JPG

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hey very nice. This has renewed my desire to do the conversion.

owen_wongdoe

Reaction score
Website
www.worldisround.com
Members Ride
VS V6 Calais
Hi,
Im having a problem with the front window of the driver side intermittently not going up.
It goes down fine, but not up. Seeing as it is the only window with this problem and that it is an intermittent fault, I am thinking it is due to the BCM.
I am therefore going to try to bypass the BCM and wire it into the same circuit as the other windows. Can you see any possibility I have of frying the BCM if I simply add the 'dumb' 12V supply in parallel with the BCM supply?
Cheers,
Owen

owen_wongdoe

Reaction score
Website
www.worldisround.com
Members Ride
VS V6 Calais
Yeah, I'm considering removing control from the BCM and wiring the windows as a stand alone system.
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate any info on the power window wiring for the VS Calais.
Im having a problem with the front window of the driver side intermittently not going up.
It goes down fine, but not up. Seeing as it is the only window with this problem and that it is an intermittent fault, I am thinking it is due to the BCM.
I am therefore going to try to bypass the BCM and wire it into the same circuit as the other windows. Can you see any possibility I have of frying the BCM if I simply add the 'dumb' 12V supply in parallel with the BCM supply?
Cheers,
Owen

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey guys a little off topic. Ive got a whole VZ Dash in my vt. The power windows system is the same as VY Im pretty sure. At the moment Ive got my VT window switch hooked up. The VY/VZ one plugs in the same. Can anybody confirm it will work?

Does anyone have the wiring diagram of both the VT & VY/VZ plug which goes into the switch block? Thankyou

_POISON_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Custom
Does any 1 have a diagram of the wiring harness and all its connectors?
i have a s2 Vs exec and i got all the power window regulators plus the switches.
i was thinking of making a harness from scratch. can any1 help me out with diagrams and such so i know what plugs an colors do what..