Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting electric windows

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Hi,

I've acquired all the electric windows parts needed except the BCM. Someone said that I'll need new key remotes too as they can't be reprogrammed - can anyone confirm this ?

Just a bit of info - when I checked the door looms in my Crewman, the fronts didn't have the motor and switch wiring but the rear doors did have it fitted...... Why ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
hey ya, i got a 2003 vy with manula windows, i wanted to fit powa windos n was wondering if u new how much it wuld cost, and where i culd pik up a pak, or get it done?

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Possibly a stupid question, but why do you need to replace the BCM? I have also considered upgrading to power windows but haven't really looked into it much yet. What are you planning to do with the holes left in the door trims?

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Yeah, ya wouldn't reckon power windows would need the services of a BCM but the Holden engineers deemed it necessary. I've metered out all the window wiring to and from the BCM. The main window switches are connected to the BCM and then the BCM controls the windows for the auto down feature - and what ever else...........

I'm open to suggestions regarding the holes in the door trims.
I'm sure there must be a blanking grommet or plug that'll do the trick.

PS. The Max Ellery Commodore Manual 1997 - 2004, VT, VX, VY doesn't show the correct window wiring for the VY - maybe it's only for the VT and or VX.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Cobra30 said:
PS. The Max Ellery Commodore Manual 1997 - 2004, VT, VX, VY doesn't show the correct window wiring for the VY - maybe it's only for the VT and or VX.

Sorry if this is a little off-topic.

Does your Max Ellery manual show any wiring diagrams for the interior dome light? If so, you reckon you could send me or post up the relevant pages?

I mainly want to know where the wires run, and if they have anything to do with the dash light circuit, headlight switch, BCM or anything else. I'd appreciate any help...:thumbsup:

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
whats the auto down feature?

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Hold the window button down for about 1.5 seconds and then let it go and the window will continue down by itself............

G

Got a VY

Cobra30 said:
Hi,

I've acquired all the electric windows parts needed except the BCM. Someone said that I'll need new key remotes too as they can't be reprogrammed - can anyone confirm this ?

Is it the remotes that are programmed to the BCM or is it the BCM that's programmed to the remotes ?

Just a bit of info - when I checked the door looms in my Crewman, the fronts didn't have the motor and switch wiring but the rear doors did have it fitted...... Why ?

Thanks.

Hi there.
Just wondering do you have the plug in the center console to conect the switches.Today i whent out and got the full power window kit and my car dose not have the plug under the center console.By the looks of things the hole wireing loom under the seats have to be changed.The bloke gave me a kit out of a VX that he said was the same but the front plugs on mine are the same as the back plugs that come out the doores??? and these are diferent.
And what is a BCM

PLease help its diveing me nuts:bang:

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Yeah, the plug for the main switches is under the console in my car and so is the wiring for the power relay.

When I checked the door looms in my Crewman, the fronts didn't have the motor/switch wiring but the rear doors did have it fitted. The door looms I bought were marked as being from a VX and the main connectors are the same but the motor connectors are different. I only need to change my front looms and I'll just change the motor connectors in the rear doors.

BCM is a Body Control Module. According to the "Max Ellery" manual, the BCM is connected to things like :- Cooling fan relay, Headlights, Interior Lights, Remote Receiver Module, Wipers, A/C, Climate Control Module, Stereo, Power Windows, Central Locking, Theft Deterrent System, SRS module and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Did you get the BCM with the kit ? If you change the BCM, it needs to be coded the car and then you'll need new key remotes because they can only be programmed once.