Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting electric windows

G

Got a VY

riged up the wireing on the windows today.The pinouts you gave me where spot on but if you got your loom out of a VT or VX belive it or not the pinouts on the plug for the main switch are diferent.Its not hard to work out what pins have to be moved around on the main plug.What i did was get the main loom and took all the wires out that had nothing to do with the windows so all i was left with was the wires to 5 plugs, swaped the pins on the main plug around to suit and wired the orange/white "+" and Black/Blue "-" up to a transformer and my liveing room flaw had 4 power window :yeah:
Will install them tomoro will let you no how i go.
Thanks

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Got a VY said:
and my liveing room flaw had 4 power window

Nice:)

So do you guys have wiring in place to plug the looms into, or have you had to run wires as well?

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
My car has the relay connectors, switch loom wired to the BCM, and wiring from the BCM to the door pillar connectors and the rear door looms in place.

G

Got a VY

my car didnt.
yesterday riped out the seats and ran a new loom from a car that did have the plugs,wireing etc.Now the front windows go up and down :)
will do the rears soon.What a c of a job.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ive seen a dealer chicken out & endded up putting an aftermarket window system in, the BCM wiring is too much drama to get working in a VY, earlier models its pretty simple.

Rob

G

Got a VY

Tell me about it.I didnt even no about it till i had a read of this post.
I just ran the std wireing direct with out all the crap.Much easyer.
But i gues if you could be bothered running it with the BCM you would have more of a factory fit.But i gues i used holden parts.
Did the rears today and they are a hell of alot easyer than the fronts.
A fue hints
when takeing out the old regs keap the windows all the way up,saves you from scratching the **** out of your tint as i found out on the 1st window i did.
also the old regs have to be drilled out as they have pop rivets for people who didnt no.I just used 5mm nuts and bolts to remount them.

G

Got a VY

Oh and cobra
To fill the holes on the trims i just got come rubber gromets from the local supper cheep.They fit the hole great and you can bearly see them.I was just going to use this for time been but it looks that good ill just leave it.

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Any chance of taking a photo of the gromets? I've been considering this for quite a while and filling the holes is my major concern.

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Got a VY said:
I just ran the std wiring direct with out all the crap.

Did you use relays for switching power to each door motor or just use the main switch alone ?

G

Got a VY

Tell you the truth i didnt use 1 realay in the hole thing:yeah:
I will put one in soon just for the main power suply.There is a spare on the fuse box so ill just use that.

Smyth i will take a photo for you some time today and post it up.They dont look to bad. :thumbsup: