Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Fog Lights to a Ve Commodore

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well I got these bezels (similar too) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Comm...321709?hash=item4d468ff6ad:g:~LcAAMXQdx5RGJys
And I got these Fog Lights but at the moment I cant visualize where these lager unit fit as I dont know if I need some Brackets to bold them down.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Comm...321709?hash=item4d468ff6ad:g:~LcAAMXQdx5RGJys

QUESTION!!

Do the sealed Lights itself where can change the globe where needed fit on something that I cannot see behind (possible I'm missing something here) the bumper bar itself and the Bezels in front is just a Show that just clicks on
Something is Missing here as the fitting itself has 4 mounting holes like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOG-LIG...816443&hash=item2cb396f89a:g:pyUAAOSwc49Y7Yg1 but at the same time where do they bolt too.
Dont worry about the wiring all I need to know what hold them in place. The Bezels I see just pushes in but what about what behind it.
(PS since I never had the bar off I dont know what there to help me attach them so they are solid)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I will have a look under my car to see if I can see what holds the fog lights in place.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will have a look under my car to see if I can see what holds the fog lights in place.
There must be a Bracket that allows you to bolt the Light itself to a panel inside. I think you wont see anything as that section is protested by the under body.
Found this on ebay.
SERIES 1 Statesman, Calais, Berlina, S, SV6, SV8, SSV & SS models

If yours is the series 2 model built from 9/2010 - 5/2013 these will fit but your vehicle but are not a direct bolt in lamp as there is a extra bracket needed please contact one of our sales staff for more information

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Peel out the plastic inner front guards to access the fog lamps, turn the wheels to the right to access the LHS lamp and vice versa.
I think series 1 only use 2 of the 4 attach points.
Bulbs should be H11 but MY12 onwards used H10's

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Peel out the plastic inner front guards to access the fog lamps, turn the wheels to the right to access the LHS lamp and vice versa.
I think series 1 only use 2 of the 4 attach points.
Bulbs should be H11 but MY12 onwards used H10's
Yes I looked at a Youtube Video and that was explained but what I want to know originally if you take the bar Off completely does the fog lights itself have been attached with those 4 bolts to the car itself "eg" Radiator support Panel or what ever OR to the Bar itself with those bezels that you see from the front of the bar.
Yes when I got everything I did not get Any Brackets so 1/ I have some missing Brackets, 2/ Or the car itself when you take the bar off has a section that has 4 holes to screw the fitting in. Trust me I'm Learning everyday about the VE.

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Well I got these bezels (similar too) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Comm...321709?hash=item4d468ff6ad:g:~LcAAMXQdx5RGJys
And I got these Fog Lights but at the moment I cant visualize where these lager unit fit as I dont know if I need some Brackets to bold them down.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Comm...321709?hash=item4d468ff6ad:g:~LcAAMXQdx5RGJys

QUESTION!!

Do the sealed Lights itself where can change the globe where needed fit on something that I cannot see behind (possible I'm missing something here) the bumper bar itself and the Bezels in front is just a Show that just clicks on
Something is Missing here as the fitting itself has 4 mounting holes like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOG-LIG...816443&hash=item2cb396f89a:g:pyUAAOSwc49Y7Yg1 but at the same time where do they bolt too.
Dont worry about the wiring all I need to know what hold them in place. The Bezels I see just pushes in but what about what behind it.
(PS since I never had the bar off I dont know what there to help me attach them so they are solid)

:)

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
half a hour ago I just checked underneath The front of the Ve and I have come to the same conclusion. More option to do this.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My Calais lights mount to the bar. Well they mount to the trim in the bar. The trim clips in.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
My Calais lights mount to the bar. Well they mount to the trim in the bar. The trim clips in.
Sugar, I must be missing something.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
wait. wait...