Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting heated VE Calais V door mirrors to VE Commodore

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The mirrors only come on in the VF when the temp is 3 degrees or less. Only saw the ice notification about 3 times in 4 years with the Calais V. not worth wiring them up unless you have lots of ice outside.

rochie777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
The mirrors only come on in the VF when the temp is 3 degrees or less. Only saw the ice notification about 3 times in 4 years with the Calais V. not worth wiring them up unless you have lots of ice outside.

I have done it on my 2012 VE SS, what a pointless waste of time it was. Not even worth the wank factor considering the amount of time it took to rewire the mirrors to a relay via the rear demister with a 15 amp rated cable. not to mention the pain in the ass it is to route all the wiring through the door grommets.

Adstarrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV Maloo
I have done it on my 2012 VE SS, what a pointless waste of time it was. Not even worth the wank factor considering the amount of time it took to rewire the mirrors to a relay via the rear demister with a 15 amp rated cable. not to mention the pain in the ass it is to route all the wiring through the door grommets.
Can you help me with the wiring ?? I am retro fitting heated mirrors with puddle lamps to my VE Maloo and blind spot sensors, I just need to know which wires are which?? Struggling to find any useful information , any help greatly appreciated!!!!