Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting heated wing mirrors to an SS-V

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Hey Guys,

It's been pretty frosty in Canberra lately and I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting the heated mirrors from a calais/caprice to an ss etc and if they'd actually gotten them working properly. Figured it might be a worthwhile upgrade so defrosting the car isn't as much of a task after the graveyard shift at work.

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
They are already heated, activated when rear window heater turned on, or they are on my Series 1

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Definitely not heated on my series 2. It takes at least 30mins of driving + the 15mins defrost of the other windows before they defrost fully. My understanding was they only fitted them to luxury models. Just wondering if the loom is the same and they'd work if swapped in.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
You can easily tell as the heated mirrors have a defrost sign on them (much like the objects in the mirror are closer than they appear sign)
This will be on both drivers and passenger side.

As far as I know, the demist and the puddle lamp lines are missing if they were not fitted at the factory.
This is the case for SS and Sv6 models, but I am unsure of SSV models ?

(I know right royal pain in the @$$)

If you were going to add the lines in and fit these up, be sure to run a couple of extra lines, so as you can fit the door lamps, and other stuff later down the track.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
On my e3 clubby there is no side mirror demist after reading this post a good idea might i add i asked holden spare parts for the mirrors yesterday they didnt know which model it comes from and had no idea if they even exist can anyone help or no someone that could fit them
Cheers

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
On my e3 clubby there is no side mirror demist after reading this post a good idea might i add i asked holden spare parts for the mirrors yesterday they didnt know which model it comes from and had no idea if they even exist can anyone help or no someone that could fit them
Cheers

Pet hate when Holden dealers don't even know what was available on what models. They've been around since 2006 at least (WL Caprice and some VZ Calais'), think they'd know by now.

Not sure if they're standard on anything, but if they were, it'd be on the WM Caprice or Caprice V. And as for people who might be able to fit them, auto electrician or try another Holden dealer, where they know what you're talking about.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Cheers

Holmart sell heated mirrors for both sides brand new.

(they also have the ones with demist *and* puddle lamps, if you're feeling really saucy)

CALAIS08V8

Scott
Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V V8 60th
They are also fitted to the Calais V and possibly the std Calais model.