Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting lsd onto 6cyl Manual VB Commodore

Lachybridgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vb Commodore
I own a Vb commodore with the factory motor, box, driveshaft and diff. I know the factory diff axles cant withstand a minispool, I just want to know what the easiest way to fit any type of lsd onto the original motor and box/ whatever driveshaft is needed and what else is needed to complete it, all answers would be greatly appreciated as I have no sense of direction with diffs.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Get a Vn borg Warner Shortened and put that in while the diff joint is shortening it get them to fit tru trac center it'll cost ya but thats a real lsd . How well does any cone type lsd work after its 3 or 4 years old? You could probably find a vb Salisbury type lsd and get that rebuilt I doubt you'll find a good one now days.
or a 25 spline axle lsd borg warner from a vk 6 you'll need the tailshaft as well and you'll get disks brakes on the back get the brake master cylinder as well its wont like too many burn outs the rear disks is why I used to do that couldn't say the 10 year old lsd did much when driving in all honesty.

Last edited: