Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting mudflaps to an RSV Liftback

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Has anyone fitted mudflaps to an RSV liftback? The genuine front ones don't fit out of the box due to the body mouldings between doors.

I think they could be trimmed to fit, just wondering if anyone has done it?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
An update to my question.

I found these on AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000167462063.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.2cb66518UNRDiJ

Price $13.66 USD for a set of 4. They arrived today and appear to be of comparable quality to the genuine ones that don't fit the RS-V. I haven't have time to fit them but when I hold them in place they fit around the the body mouldings nicely. So long as the screw hole locate just as well, everything should be good. I'll be checking that tomorrow when the daylight is better.

I'm surprised these aren't available through the dealers.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
An update to my question.

I found these on AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...erId=8117353154324800&productId=4000167462063

Price $13.66 USD for a set of 4. They arrived today and appear to be of comparable quality to the genuine ones that don't fit the RS-V. I haven't have time to fit them but when I hold them in place they fit around the the body mouldings nicely. So long as the screw hole locate just as well, everything should be good. I'll be checking that tomorrow when the daylight is better.

I'm surprised these aren't available through the dealers.

you linked your order id mate so it wont work, here is the link to the product id

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
Sweet, I've always wondered why there were no OEM flaps offered for the trims with the side body mouldings.

However, there is a major disadvantage to using this style of mudflap. Dirt makes its way between the flap and paint, which sands away at the paint over time. It may be worth applying some 3M protective film to the areas where the flaps touch the paint. Otherwise, they may do more harm than good.
oem_splash.jpg
If you never plan on taking them off it's less of an issue.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
you linked your order id mate so it wont work, here is the link to the product id
Thanks. I should have looked at it more closely. I did check to see that the link worked . Of course it would for me. Duh!!!!

I've updated the link in my post.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Sweet, I've always wondered why there were no OEM flaps offered for the trims with the side body mouldings.

However, there is a major disadvantage to using this style of mudflap. Dirt makes its way between the flap and paint, which sands away at the paint over time. It may be worth applying some 3M protective film to the areas where the flaps touch the paint. Otherwise, they may do more harm than good.
If you never plan on taking them off it's less of an issue.
Yep, that is a downside but so long as you leave them on the car you generally never see that. I have a set on my VY which have been there for about 400,000 km and there's no obvious damage. Having said that it wouldn't be too hard to fit some of the clear bonnet guard sheet for the edges to rub against.

I've already got stone chips on the lower bodywork (lower door area) which would be prevented by fitting these. From my experience they do far more good than harm.

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
Installed buick regal ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-113051_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-113051_Gallery.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 146