Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FITTING NEW BOOT BADGE-VY SS ute

Toddstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS ute
I have just bought a vy SS ute, which has been debadged by the previous owner.

I'm looking for the exact measurements of the positioning for a tailgate badge, and how to go about drilling the holes.

Thanks!

Todd

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
From memory they're an adhesive only badge, so no need to drill holes. As for measurement, cant help you there.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
which badge? the SS badge is just stuck on with double sided tape, the Holden lion emblem has 2 locating holes.

moose283

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ls1
If you still need the holden badge holes sing out and i'll go pull the tape out and give you height and width from mine.

As others have said, the SS badge is just double sided tape. I have the Chev bow tie on my tail gate, i just taped that one on too.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Sorry for the thread hi jack but what adhesive/double sided tape would you recommend?. thanks

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Don't use the thick foam type double sided tape, as the badge will stick out from the body and wont sit flush.
In the past, I have used the thin 2 inch wide tape ("Bear" brand) . You can get it from Autobarn.
I put the tape over the badge and with a small blade knife, trimmed the excess off.
It's a bit fiddly. Just take your time.

Another method I have used is Silastic.
I have just applied a very thin film of it to the badge and held it in position with some masking tape. The only down side to this method is that you will have to allow the recommended drying time.
If you are mounting a badge without locating pins, this method allows you adjust it, unlike double sided tape which has instant adhesion.
Just clean up any excess with Methylated spirits and a cotton bud. The Metho is excellent for cleaning up Silastic.
I've also found that if you have to remove the badges, the silastic is really no harder to remove from the car than the double sided tape.
Remember though, ONLY use a very thin film.