Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting new head unit

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
hey all, i got a Pioneer deh-p7750 and cant seem to get it to sit flush with the dash wjen i put it in. i have a vx acclaim s2 and its bugging the s*** outa me. i can get it to sit in the middle of the place but not flush at the top. And i need to get it sitting flush at the top (or even bottom....dont want to tho) so i can put one of those replaceable compartments in the remaining space. If ya know what i mean and can help out many appreciations. Cheers

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
so you want to fit a single din sterio and compartment into a double din hole?..

::Team420::

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Statesman 5L
Use force.. all i did with mine, then you will fit your second compartment.

Edit: Just remembered the arial plug was in the way, so i had to modify the back plate where the headunit sits in, if the arial plug is on the right hand side, look in the hole where your putting it in and there is a plate the like an upside down L, i just pushed that back a bit (bit dodgy but effective)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
U got the next model up from me (7650) i had that prob at 1st but like Team420 said use a lil force plus dont push it fully back wen u go 2 align untill ur happy with it, the head unit doesnt fully lock in place till its sittin in flush also helps 2 test the pocket 2 as somtimes ppl tend 2 push the head unit up 2 far 2 the top and the pocket sits in there loose not as a tight firm fit.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
::Team420:: said:
Edit: Just remembered the arial plug was in the way, so i had to modify the back plate where the headunit sits in, if the arial plug is on the right hand side, look in the hole where your putting it in and there is a plate the like an upside down L, i just pushed that back a bit (bit dodgy but effective)

yeh it took be abit too figure why i couldnt get mine it there but yeh thats wot was stopen it :)