Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting o2 sensor

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
yeah probably put any of the australian vn-vp v6 tunes in just to get going with the o2 sensor but I want to tune a memcal perfectly for my vp instead of the close enough factory setup.tried the hsv one havent tried anyone elses tunes probably wont even bother just gonna jump straight in to the tune in the vp allready.just bought another o2 sensor for my mates vn trident this time cost $80 nz got a two wire one even though it only needed a one wire one just to make sure it has a good earth.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
put o2 sensor and hsv3.8 tune in mates vns1 today.the o2 sensor wire was plugged into another wire that was earthed onto the bottom of the dfi unit.man does his vn crank now.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
immortality hurry up and get that o2 sensor my mate says your missing out on a good thing put the hsv3.8 tune in there for a start the gain is worth the cost of the sensor if you have a pod and decent exhaust.my mate says his goes mad compared to the nz vn tune I noticed the difference just backing out the drive.hes just done 400kms on his new tune saved quarter of a tank of gas compared to normal.does the same trip couple of times a week.we are gonna work on a better tune for his vn after my vp should team up on some testing and information sharing on how we can emprove the tune.two heads and two opinions are better one.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i hear ya, i gotta pull the header off on the passanger side and weld a threaded bung onto it forthe o2 sensor. where you get your sensors from part no? cheers

edit. where you get your SV3800 memcal from, just tried my local holden wrecker and he didn't know what i was talking about.

Last edited:

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
I get the sensors from my parts man have an account with him get good discount about $80-$90 have had one bosch one and one trident one both seam to work good time will tell how long they will last bosch part number above in previous post will post up the trident part number later for you the box is in my mates shed round the road the bosch one came with a flange with two bolt holes for another type of fitment if you drill a hole in your headers you could weld this flange over the hole and then youve got the right thread to screw it into.IOf you dont get a sensor with the flange I could post it up to you so you can weld it on.People have had trouble with the sensors not earthing properly so I only install two wire one to make sure theyve got a good earth about twenty dollars cheaper for a single wire one but id be going two wire if you have extractors.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
immortality the tridon oxygen sensor part number is TOS012 (universal oxygen sensor)looks different than the bosch one same thing though both work well .the end in the exhaust flow looks a bit cheap compared to the bosch unit and looks like it goes in deaper

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
got the o2 sensor, now i just need a new tune. which is the best willem eprom burner to get?

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got the willem enhanced but have heard people having trouble with them reads fine just waiting for my eraser to arrive to see if it burns tried erasing the eprom in the sun waste of time a week went by and not a single byte erased.