Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Reverse Camera

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
Does anyone have a guide to fitting a factory reverse camera to a VE S2 SV6? I bought a genuine camera second hand from E-bay and thought I had found instructions on the net a few months ago, but I can't find them now. The camera came with the chrome garnish and boot loom aswell if that makes a difference.

I am after any tips or tricks for mounting the camera itself. I don't want to damage anything.
Thank you for any help.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
It should have a rubber seal around the camera otherwise water will leak into the boot lid

I have seen the chrome trim (Holden call it applique) removed previously and it doesn't seem hard to remove.

After you remove the boot lid trim, I believe there were 2 nuts and 4 clips...you can gently squeeze them from the inside and push out the trim.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Correction..I think the one I saw was a WM caprice which is slightly different

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Will your head unit need to be flashed to get the rear camera working or has it already been done ?
I installed the kit available from Envyous Customs. Comes with everything you need and instructions.

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
Thanks syked, I think I'll be right. Just gonna take my time. I have a feeling those yellow clips will be easy to break. Luckily I'll have spares from the old applique. I just checked and the camera does have the rubber gasket.

@woteva I already have the factory camera and as far I know I just have to take Holden to get enabled. Thank you for your time guys

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
I fitted the camera on Saturday, no real problems. Had to be careful removing the plugs from the number plate lights, but that was about the worst of it. Now to get it enabled!!!