Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting SS springs and shocks to Omega

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Hi, I have an Omega with standard springs and shocks. I bought shocks and springs that came off a 2012 SSV that had only done 10,000kms... so they're like brand new. They are FE2.

My question is, will I get a good result (lowering) by swapping them onto my Omega? How much lower should I expect it to sit?

Also, because they came off an SSV wagon will they sit differently (and hopefully level) coming out of it and going onto an Omega?

thanks experts! :D :D

Last edited:

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Lol wouldn't lower it much at all I would think not even noticeable. My advice would be maybe use those shocks cos they are reasonably new n get some lower springs to suit your desire, if your wanting to drop 30mm or 50 mm

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I would think that they might even make your car sit higher because they came out of an SS which is a heavier car.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
I installed SS FE2 spings on my sportwagon, along with KYB lowered shocks/struts (from GSL Rallysports) and it raised the front about 10mm, the lowered the back maybe 10mm. I then searched this forum and found about another 2-3 thread confirming the same thing.
The ride is better than stock but front just looks too high...

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Ok, thanks guys. I'll sell 'em. Anybody want them? Offers?

Please PM me if you're interested :)
(I live on the gold coast)