Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Ve hsv front seats

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
It's ridiculous these days. I just want Berlina or SL cerulean seats so my interior matches, and people are asking a bomb for ones that have holes and stains in them

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What are they asking? Anything good to trade?

Got really nice immaculate condition vl blue front seats probably won't use.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It's ridiculous these days. I just want Berlina or SL cerulean seats so my interior matches, and people are asking a bomb for ones that have holes and stains in them
Hi
I, also only wanted to put berlina, calais, maybe statesman seats into my car, & people wanted an arm & a leg for them.
In the end, l bit the bullet, bought damaged, (not to bad) berlina front & back seats & door trims for $50.00. Took them to auto trimmers. They made a kit up for me with my colour choices.
Seats are grey with blue inserts. Door trims are blue inserts with the grey back ground.
I had to fit them myself. Not having done this before, it was hard. But got there in the end.
I think about $1300.00 all up.
That was June 2015 l think.
Good luck with yours.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
never count out seats from other cars too - you might find a bargain from some other random car and the seats are nice. don't limit yourself to just GM seats.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
What are they asking? Anything good to trade?

Got really nice immaculate condition vl blue front seats probably won't use.

What colour blue? normal blue or cerulean?

The only set that i've seen recently that have been in decent condition (clean and no holes/rips) were out of a Calais and the guy wanted 800, not negotiable. I'd probably spend a bit more and get mine re trimmed if I was going to spend that much.

I'm definitely open to using other seats, I'll be getting mine engineered anyway cause of the LS3 swap, but I'd only use seats that need fairly straight forward mods cause I'm trying to do as much myself as I can. I'd even look at Hyundai seats, i drive an i30 to work each day for an hour and a half each way and my seats are comfy as, plus they have a fairly small frame so they'd probably fit well in a VK, no idea what the rails are like though.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
$800...I'd be looking for vy ss,calais or ve/f blue interior one ever popped up & adapt to fit...for some reason vn-s seats all trashed or overpriced.

Exactly like front seat like Lacksballs pick late vk early vl executive same colour...they were too good to let be thrown out & just need nice rear seat trimmed to match as my vk seats were trashed.

Later got vp ss seats for it but tad rocky so used them to replace busted vp ute seat..then got lucky with mcdonalds scheme scheel/saas seats

Basically trading up slowly over time lol

Straight swap if you can find n/a 6cyl b/w 3.23 vk wagon or 3.45 vl wagon diff housings or scheel adaptor plates...b/w wagon diffs go for 100-200 if can find them.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you still have the VL seats? are you looking to get rid of them?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep & yep...prefer swapping parts or make offer if you prefer...those seat prices rediculous.

You can now get 350mm momo monte carlo $239 from Fuel Autotek in Castle Hill

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
See if you can find a Camira, you might find similar seats??????

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep & yep...prefer swapping parts or make offer if you prefer...those seat prices rediculous.

You can now get 350mm momo monte carlo $239 from Fuel Autotek in Castle Hill

I’ll shoot you a PM about the seats