Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting VE Skirt on too VY

James Lambert

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden SSV Ute
just wondering how hard would I be to custom fit a VE UTE skirt too a VY UTE. I love the VE Maloo skirts and think VY Skirts a kinda boring and wanted to try something I’ve never seen anyone do. I’m happy to put the time and effort in to make it work but if it’s really that hard I might pass.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If you have to ask the question.

It's something an experienced professional needs to do.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As easy as cutting and putting back together....

So in reality it is a case of getting the maloo skirts, fitting upto the VY and seeing where the shaping needs to be done to make them look good on the VY....

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I would avoid the above advice. It's not an easy task joining two pieces of plastic that don't match entirety.
There will be lots of filling and sanding plus you have to weld the clip face to the maloo skirt which is fibre glass from memory which makes this whole thing even harder.

It's not like fixing a dent with some bog and using a pressure pack on it. Then you will need to blend in most of the side of the ute when painting to match.

Just leave this idea alone unless you want to pay a pro to do it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There will be lots of filling and sanding plus you have to weld the clip face to the maloo skirt which is fibre glass from memory which makes this whole thing even harder.

So you've elaborated more on what I wrote :rolleyes:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So you've elaborated more on what I wrote :rolleyes:

No I'm trying to give good advice. Yet you're trying to say this will be an easy task which prooves your ignorance.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
No I'm trying to give good advice. Yet you're trying to say this will be an easy task which prooves your ignorance.
Have you done this?

I'm also thinking of doing something similar for the wagon. Prices l'd been seeing where about $1100.00 + delivery.

That price was for rear bumper & L & R skirts.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I said to fit them up, and shape them where it needs to be so it looks good....Of course cutting and re-joining will be part of the process...

Your response was to elaborate on the ins and outs of what would be required from what I wrote....

So ignorance on my behalf...Nope....You not reading written things properly...Definately....

Easy task....Some people think this challenge will be an easy task...Some will think it's not....Only the person tackling the job can decide whether it is easy or not

James Lambert

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden SSV Ute
If you have to ask the question.

It's something an experienced professional needs to do.
If the VE skirt is too long I’m happy the trim it down. It’s just if it’s too short then there will be problems with making it look good. I’ve done a similar job with putting a VF front on a VE but that was quite easy due to being basically the same car.