Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FITTING VE SSV 19" on a VY ??

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
i know this has probably already been posted, but im not really that good at finding that type of stuff on here. if anyone has a link id greatly appreciate it.
but i have a vy and just bought a set of ve ssv 19" wheels for it. Ive heard that ve has a differant stud pattern? and ive heard of a boreing process, and a spacer process? just wondering which is better and why? or if theres other options..
cheers

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
How you going mate... first up... any type of space or adapter is a big no-no... they illegal and in alot of cases fairly dangerous when you get the dodge ones.

Right... back to your main issue...

My understanding is that, the VE and the VY DO share the same stud pattern (5x120) but they do not share the centre bore or studs.

I know that the 12mm stud was used on the VY while the VE has a 14mm stud. So you need to be careful with the nuts you use.

Found this also:

Holden VE Commodore: production line at the Elizabeth factory in Adelaide.
When Holden introduced the all-new VE Commodore in August it changed some crucial dimensions of the wheel-locating system. This was done to avoid confusion on the production line (as the Holden factory will be building both new and old models for some time yet) and to cope with the new Commodore's extra weight, width and grip levels.

Holden sent the following statement to Drive on Wednesday: "Fitting VE wheels onto a VZ [or earlier model Commodore] is not recommended or condoned by GM Holden as it raises some safety concerns as there are two major differences in the wheels."

Holden said the VE Commodore has 14mm wheel studs and earlier Commodores have 12mm wheel studs.

"If a VE wheel were fitted onto a VZ [or earlier model Commodore] there is a concern that there would not be enough bearing area under the retention nut on the aluminium wheel, which, worse case scenario, means the wheel could potentially fall off."

And also this thread:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general/64226-vz-vs-ve-offset.html

Hope that helps.

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
thanks for the replies,
i got the wheels dirt cheap. 610 dollars with about 50-60 percent rubber. the only problem is, is one wheel has a flat spot on the inner lip. this would cost me 50 - 100 dollars to fix. other than that the wheels are perfect. so scratches or scuffs. thanks guys. any other info, or if you know anyone who has done this would greatly help. cheers

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
i have 19 inch ve ssv rims fitted to my vy ss but i brought it like that and im not sure if they are genuine or not (bad spelling i know) but i have had no problems with them ill check to see what size studs i have and let you know when i find out

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
yeah thanks mate, thatd be good.

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
The larger tyre places in the capital cities machine the wheels for about 20-25 bucks a rim.

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
The larger tyre places in the capital cities machine the wheels for about 20-25 bucks a rim.

oh really? like tyre power, bob jane etc? or differant ones??