Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting VY Steering Wheel into VT Series 1

luvaofcarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pack
I am just wondering if anyone has fitted a VY Steering Wheel into a VT Series 1, I know that it has been done in series 2 and vx, but is the clock spring the same as the VX? If not can a VY Clock spring fit into VT Series 1. Also currently I dont have steering wheel controls, but if I get a VY Steering wheel with the controls, how can I go about wiring them up. With an alpine headunit.

Thanks, Brendan.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
there is a how to in the how to section
with the stereo controls i beleive you need something called a cat-?

luvaofcarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pack

Yeah thanks mate, I have checked that out numerous times and other threads as well. I just wanted to clarify that the clock spring will be fine. As I read that the VT SERIES 1 clock spring is different to the VT SERIES 2 and the VX clock spring. I just wanted to make sure, as I have fitted a VY Wheel to a VX before. I am fully aware of the process that needs to be undertaken. Do you know anything about the Clock spring?

hey mate i have a thing for sale that will make the aftermarket hu work with vy controls and is less than a 1/4 of the price.

PM SENT