Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitzys vr commodore

GSRace

Reaction score
Nooo! After 42 lower stages! Hehe, it will be good again mate, remember that.

Did you and the old man fit the heads? or did the $400 include fitting? I assume that's just for port and polish, and shave to up the comp. Did u ever get dyno results?

How much better were they? Compare to performance increase from extraxtors and zorst for example?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
did the heads me self, not sure if im going to raise car or see if exhaust can be lifted again.. yes just port polish and shave, i had the extractors fitted before the heads, extractors gave a nice bit of power and note, then heads went on increased a heap :) and the note is even better.. i will be getting a dyno done in a few weeks once everything is fixed.. ill post a photo of results here when get done. good luck wif ur mates vrs, i reckon head work first :), im very curious what the dyno results will be :)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
actually, im goin to be replacing my rear brake rotors and pads oon, im gonna get drilled ones.. its gonna look dodgy for a few weeks coz the front will be standard and rear drilled dba :s hehe

GSRace

Reaction score
Yeah nice mate, keep us updated alright.
Why rear first? that's just what u found first, or got at the right price?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
nah the rotors are warped in the rear :p front are fien so far so ill get them done later on, will do

GSRace

Reaction score
Have u considered the Yella Terra 71mm throttle? $276 claims about 10kw increase at the rear bags. If my mate does it first, we'll let you kno..

When you going to do cam? or have ya already? I can't remember! I kno u've just done some headwork..

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
The Vr is now dead, wont be looking at to fixing her till next year now, got me 21st comming up then holidays, the auto box needs a rebuild :(

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
the gearbox has always been a bit sick, changing 2nd to 3rd had a pretty bad delay, and i guess old age. done 220 000ish kms, i noticed it the past week it was a 'jerky sort of ride' and then in the storm the other nite driving home she started slipping pretty bad :(, found a 2nd hand box im getting it today 90 000km its done and its 300 bux :) just have to wait a few weeks to pay sum1 to fit it

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
spewing that i just filled the fuel tank and bought a new tyre so the cops woodnt defect me (doin heaps here in the bay lately) and then of all things the gbox dies :(