Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fix-it-pro??

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
g'day all, anyone used this product that's being flogged on tv,look too easy.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Well in the infomercial thing it sure looks amazing but I dno if I'd actually buy something marketed like that, it just never seems to end well lol. If you're just trying to remove some scratches, Meguiars ScratchX worked well for me :)

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Is The scratchx really that good? i've heard good and bad things... i used a meguiars Filler and its didnt seem all to great.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Is The scratchx really that good?

For scratches that weren't deep yeah it worked quite well, I had a fair few disappear. I found a lot of it was in the technique, though. I was using a few fingers and rubbing firmly and getting pretty average results but my Pop was just using one finger directly over it and it worked really well that way. It is fairly expensive but you don't use a lot of it. I did every scratch and water mark (not what it's recommended for but it helps a bit) that I could find and used probably less than 1/4 of the bottle.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Fix it is a joke. Better off with a sharpie!

Scratch X can be handy for under door handles and the like for cleaning and filling scratches temporarily - not much cut, so won't remove anything but it is heavy on the fillers. Using too much pressure will cause it to basically remove itself - it's a cleaner/filler - but the results won't be permanent so you'll need to redo as the fillers wash out. But an abrasive polish and patience will still garner better results. Good for a quick fix though.

edit. There are plenty of better cleaning and filling products available though, if you hunt around.