Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixable or Write Off?

SlyVR

Fo'sizzle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wags
Hey all,

Sad day my car was involved in a car crash.. Just wanted a few opinons to see if its A. Write off or B fixable?

Cheers

SlyVr :banstick:

Attachments

• SDC10050_edit.jpg
    SDC10050_edit.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 1,467
  • SDC10051_edit.jpg
    SDC10051_edit.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 649
  • SDC10054_edit.jpg
    SDC10054_edit.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,136

jamessharks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
It's fixable but will probably cost and arm and a leg ... you could get a another one for less than what it'll cost to fix it

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Very hard to tell when you cant see rails etc.

These cars are basically worth nothing now days, so it doesn't take much to write them off. It will be fixable, but the question will be if its worth it.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I would Prolly just go buy another identical car, Keep that for spare, would be cheaper and have 2 cars, one on the road and one for spares :)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
How did the accident happen? Assuming you rear ended someone. Do you have insurance? If you were hit in the rear and pushed into the car in front, you may have the car repaired by the other party.

Cheers

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Is it going through an Insurance company for assesment or are you making the assesment for yourself?

Insurance companies are very quick to write-off a vehice, then sell it at auction as a Repairable Write-Off. :rolleyes: From memory a write-off is determined by a combination of: The percentage of the damage done to the vehicles body (structual also) and then repair cost versus vehicle value. I could be wrong though.

From what I can see, it looks repairable, but like mentioned earlier chances are it'll cost you more to repair it than it would to replace it.

SlyVR

Fo'sizzle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wags
Sashyre's,

Well my sis was borrowing my car, driving in adel and someone tried to do an illegal right turn and didnt put there indicator on and she hit the back of him. what makes it worse is that i forgot to renew my 3rd party insurance. And the old fella she hit doesnt have insurance either.

So yer atm.. looks like either i have to fix it or buy another? lol

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Doh, sorry to hear that. I hope your sister does the right thing and pays for this, as she should.