Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixed speed camera infringements.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
How many of you have had this experience?
Some years back my daughter received an infringement notice for an offence detected by a fixed speed camera.
The letter basically said "Your vehicle was detected on the M4 motorway at Liverpool at 9am on Saturday yada yada yada."
Well, no it wasn't. It was parked about 150 km away at a swimming school in Wyong while my daughter had her kids at swimming classes. As a matter of fact, she has never driven anywhere Liverpool since getting her license about twenty years ago, and has only resided on the Central Coast and the Newcastle area.
I wrote back to the State Debt Recovery office, basically telling them they were lazy morons. I pointed out that they check the photo, get the rego, check for the owner and off goes the infringement notice. I asked them if they ever compared the car in the photo with the details on the rego records? I said her car was a white Cruze, attached a photo and copy of her rego papers, said was that the car in the photo? No, didn't think so. Take your bloody infringement notice and piss off.
Apology arrived a few days later. Lazy useless bums. How hard can it be to check the facts before bunging off a letter accusing people of breaking the law. I used to work in the same department as the fools who adjudicate these things. I'd like to think in my time I worked smarter than they do. Anybody else experienced this ineptitude?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My daughter had her number plates pinched some years ago and naturally she received a fined for speeding and one for not paying for tolls . Same deal rang them and explained to check the photos against the rego . She had a blue i20 and the car in the photo was a black statesman . The fine was eventually withdrawn after several reminders that if it wasn't paid it will go to court.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Its pretty much an automated process these days....only time there is a non digital rendered human looking into it is when there is a complaint..cuts down on employment opportunities and maximises revenue...welcome to new world ;)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Typical government practice. No wonder people become cynical and resentful towards politicians.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
They don't care how you feel as long as you keep forking over those taxes....

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Got a letter once stating I ran a red light and speed through the same intersection... Asked for the photographic proof and got a photo of my vehicle(check), GREEN light being shown(WT....), doing 55Km/h in a 60 zone stamped on it(Seriously WTF...)

Immediately rang these twats and said bring up the photo and have a look, then gave them the ref number of the letter and demanded they read it... look at the photo... read the letter.... look at the photo... asked if we still have a problem, they said no and hung up on blood sucking scumbags.