Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixing a roof lining?

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
The roof lining in my wagon is sagging noticeably. A few scattered thumbtacks is keeping it in place but it looks a little daggy. Is is possible to fix the lining without actually replacing it? I was thinking of some sort of spray adhesive. Would that work?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
mate ive got my roof sitting in my bedroom atm, its been outa my car for weeks to fix it, i gave it a crack on tuesday, jus with some spray adhesive, i havnt put it back in yet cause i wana make sure that it sticks b4 i go to tha effort of putting it back in. i only used spray adhesive in an aerosol can, but i think i might need to get some spray adhesive used with a air compressor (i assume that sorta glue will b abit stronger)

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
mate ive got my roof sitting in my bedroom atm, its been outa my car for weeks to fix it, i gave it a crack on tuesday, jus with some spray adhesive, i havnt put it back in yet cause i wana make sure that it sticks b4 i go to tha effort of putting it back in. i only used spray adhesive in an aerosol can, but i think i might need to get some spray adhesive used with a air compressor (i assume that sorta glue will b abit stronger)

Mine is sitting in my lounge, confused the hell out my sister when i said "The cat is walking on my roof"

Best reply ever, the HOWTO section almost needs a neon sign

Would you like to borrow some of mine?

ozengines

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS Ex Chaser V8
Mine sagged, went to an auto upholsterer and he did a great job, it takes about an hour.
My wife's Toyota Corolla had the same problem, she had hail damage and they took the roof lining out to fix it. Once disturbed it would not go back in again, guess what, this is not covered by insurance. It is classed as normal wear & tear, so I had to pay to get the roof lining done after all the hail damage was repaired under full insurance.

shinagami2227

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 3.8lt V6 Ecotec
RE: Finding how to guides:

The searches on this forum are'nt very good maybe that is partly the reason for people continually starting new threads on subjects already discussed. If you type "how to" in the search it brings up nothing???? should'nt it bring up any post/thread with the words how and to in it? Or have I been mislead on the purpose of a search engine?! Try typing "how to" in the search and see what I mean

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
RE: Finding how to guides:

The searches on this forum aren't very good maybe that is partly the reason for people continually starting new threads on subjects already discussed. If you type "how to" in the search it brings up nothing???? shouldn't it bring up any post/thread with the words how and to in it? Or have I been mislead on the purpose of a search engine?! Try typing "how to" in the search and see what I mean

you didn't spell "aren't" and "shouldn't" correctly :whistling lol

Yeah, the search function is noticeably multifunctional