Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixing broken fuel flap

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Hi Guys,

I broke my fuel flap the other day (snapped it off the arm that holds it to the car). It broke off at the join of the flap and arm. I spoke to a plastic welder and they said they didn't have the plastic to fix it since it's a special plastic (anti-flammable or something), so i might try gluing it up, and if that fails then get a new one and get it sprayed. Was wondering has this happened to anyone and what glue did you use?

Thanks,
Adam

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Y not just buy a new fuel flap, rather than trying to fix the broken one.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
you'll probably have more luck making a metal arm which screws/bolts it back together. Glue will break eventually (also losing it on the road = not cool :p).

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
surely you cant just buy the plastic arm from holden. A mate of mine did it reccently and his still confused as to what to do about it

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
The arm and flap are one mould, you cannot just replace one bit as its one assembly. I would buy a new one holden (about $35), but they don't come colour coded which mean i would need to get it sprayed (about $40). Money isn't an issue, but getting it sprayed would mean the colour is off with the rest of the panel (although it is already since the flap is plastic and panel is metal), but would rather use the original one to keep the colour match as close as possible.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Yeap I did the same thing to my VT wagon..
First off I used super glue just to hold it in place, then I used a heap of sikiflex to cover the whole lot, it looked a bit messy but it worked.
Try it if it doesn't work then worry about buying a new one & painting it..

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
fixed the one in my VX wagon, 8 months ago and still going fill up once a week, just regular old superglue the 2 mix type.

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
Holden calls it a reinforced flame retardent coating.. and i highly advise against drilling new holes, what about heavy duty epoxy glue.