Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fixing my antenna.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
Hey,
People will probably think im talking about a snapped antenna, that is not the case.
My antenna is stuck out and i cannot get it down, i tried pushing it, all it seems to do it push something downinside my guard and the antenna dosn't go down, i tried greasing it up, wd40 on it, tried punching screaming and spitting on it:bang:, nothing seems to work, its not a major problem but i dont want it to be broken off by some asshole or destroyed in a carwash.

Car is a 1996 commodore executive, the antenna dosn't seem to have any rust, just will not go down.

Thanks.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
is it electric or just normal?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
is it locked? I know what you mean though I have had this problem before with manual aerials, people pull them out too hard and it stretches/locks it up.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
yeh mine got stuck and wouldnt let me pull it up , so i just pushed it down . and yeh now mine is stuck down too. Think ill just buy an electric one

gendi

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SVZ Wagon
pull the wheel off near the aerial, take out the black gaurd around the wheel well, then u can get to the aerial to try and hold so it dont push down, i put a new one in after mine was snapped cost me $20 and didnt take long to do.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
oh awsome well nah it isnt locked down its seaized up and it will not go down no rust or anything on it too just seized like a mofo