Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fk you Telstra

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I got a phone call from someone who said they were from Telstra to advise me that they suspected my internet was slow and wanted to do a data upload and download test . They swiftly were told to f#ck off as we are always getting scam calls. This guy rang back about 3 times and in the end turned phone off after giving him a big spray .
This has happen to us a few times and you think they would not ring again but they do (no doubt different indian mob)................ I like wasting there time..................Waste more time............... as they asked me to upload this or type this and this will make your computer faster............. I tell them a message has come up... they say WHAT.... I say the Message is YOU are A SISTER FUC.KER,,,,,,,,,,, And I say and you know what !!!!............ ( all the time they want a reply) on and you know what? ..... they say ... WHAT.......... I say your sister is only 12 years old so what does it make you,,,, and they spit the dummie out with insults that not been invented yet

The odd thing is we did have speed issues one week earlier but Telstra dont asked you to press on your key board WINDOW "R" and in the back ground you dont have plenty of Indians speaking indian

Only today the Wife want to get out of Telstra Mobile, on the news last night, there are increasing the price of the plans

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I say the Message is YOU are A SISTER FUC.KER,,,,,,,,,,, And I say and you know what !!!!............ ( all the time they want a reply) on and you know what? ..... they say ... WHAT.......... I say your sister is only 12 years old so what does it make you
:oops:

….and i thought I was sending a message by just hanging up….

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hmmm, wasn’t aware of that.

Yeah, I knew a lady who had Boost and her phone didn't work. She was the one who pointed out to me I needed a new phone and that it had to be one able to have VOLTE capability.
These small towers scattered across Tasmania are basically a TV sized antenna stuck on the exchange. Their range is about 500-800m providing you have a fairly good line of sight.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yeah, I knew a lady who had Boost and her phone didn't work. She was the one who pointed out to me I needed a new phone and that it had to be one able to have VOLTE capability.
These small towers scattered across Tasmania are basically a TV sized antenna stuck on the exchange. Their range is about 500-800m providing you have a fairly good line of sight.
Pretty sure that system uses wifi and is for Telstra only.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pretty sure that system uses wifi and is for Telstra only.

Yeah I think you're right. It's basically a big WiFi antenna that is designed to serve only those living in the town borders. It connects straight to the landline network as it's not strong enough to reach another tower.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Hmmm, wasn’t aware of that.
A few years ago when I looked into cheaper prepaid plans for the kids mobiles I found most of the alternative retailers that ran on the Telstra network had in the small print that they used 'parts of the Telstra Network', or words to that effect.
Belong was the only one that I found had a coverage map that was basically Identical to Telstra's coverage for 3g & 4g.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I use Boost when I travel around Australia to provide cheap data for the kids, since it works pretty much everywhere. Except for a place we stayed in Broome. The signal dropped right at the property boundary. Strangely enough, our Optus phone hotspots worked OK, so we just burnt our phone data. 120 GB per month get us though a week long trip.
At another place we have stayed 3 times in Exmouth, none of the networks work properly except, again, at the border of the property out on the edge of the main drag. The coverage map even shows that. So we always get a villa at the front of the property for our sanity, with a wireless modem taped to the window. Optus is as good as anything here.
At Cape Range NP, nothing works. OK for day trips.
At Hamelin Bay, Margaret River nothing works. Don't stay there with kids.
If they do not have a fast and reliable connection we all go slowly mad.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Boost won't work in Mathinna unless it's changed over the last few months since I sold up.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I found most of the alternative retailers that ran on the Telstra network had in the small print that they used 'parts of the Telstra Network', or words to that effect.
Yep, that’s the ones who use the wholesale network. Boost and I believe Belong, have access to the whole retail network, and boost got access to 5G as of a few days ago……if that matters.