Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flashing mode light

super_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Executive S2
prolly not a problem but when i drove my vt 2day i noticed the red immobiliser light above the mode button was flashing flat out and irratically when i pulled over n restarted the car it stopped flashing, any1 seen this happen b4?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeah had this problem with my vt....3 times in 3 years so didnt worry about it and now that its sold...pppffffttt not my problem anymore.

the radiator fans used to go flat out at the same time. do yours???

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
mine also did this and i found it does it when water is low also
maybe its a warning light i dunno
my book doesnt say anything about it

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
this is a sign that there is a problem with the communications in the car, could be a few things at fault, you would need to read the codes with a good scantool, not a generic thing that cannot interperet the manufacturer specific codes. This should point you in the right direction regarding where the fault lies.

Cheers Rob

X

xu1au

mine has done it 2 times in 6 months but doesnt seem to be much of a problem,,turn ignition off then restart and workes fine then..

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Happened to me the other day .. Kinda wondering if maybe it wasnt the first time, as very occasionally, the key fails to start the car ... ie, turns and turns and turns, but no start. As soon as you turn the key to off, then try to start again, works perfectly. the light is supposed to be the light it signals alarm/imob state, so perhaps linked .. Had any problems starting lately?

1710hayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive series 2 manual
I have the same problem with my manual vt everything is toped up and always maintained but sometimes when i start it the dash beeps and the airbag light comes on and my fans go flat out and the mode light flashes? Still haven't figured it out

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I have the same problem with my manual vt everything is toped up and always maintained but sometimes when i start it the dash beeps and the airbag light comes on and my fans go flat out and the mode light flashes? Still haven't figured it out

That sounds like an ABS module problem. Does you A/C work?