Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flat Battery

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
This has prolly been posted, I did a quick search but failed..

I have a brand new alternator in the car, and I have a relatively new battery in the car, I had the battery charged everything was running fine, had the car in the garage for about 2 days went to start it last ngith and dead. As far as I know there were no accessories or lights on in the car etc, mind you the battery light has been on the last week or two.. Any ideas?

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Is the brand new alt charging the battery.....

Just been through this same prob with a mates vt alt..

Turned out that the alt was faulty and not charging all the time and it didnt bring the light on either. so dont use the light as a guide

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
yeah, i'd say the alt is charging the battery. I gotta suss out my charge wire i think

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Have you put a multimeter on the back of the alt to see if your get 13.8-14.2v out of it...

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
nah, on the dash i can read it, and it pulls the right volts

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
Charge your batt then put it back in the car (Don't drive it) after two hours go back lift the hood and feel ya alternator if its warm something in your alternator is faulty, this is normaly caused by the main wire from your alternator being damaged and earthing to the engine.

Last edited:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Ahh there you go.. I didnt get a chance to check that mate. I'll see how I go, I still have my money on the alternator charge wire I guess

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
Ahh there you go.. I didnt get a chance to check that mate. I'll see how I go, I still have my money on the alternator charge wire I guess

Hey mate forgot to add that it has most likely burnt out the regulator as well, the faulty wire is normally caused by the bolt on ya alternator has come loose.Hope this helps some more