Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fleet Cars

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
Some of you may know i have a S1 V6 Auto November 1988 Beige VN Commodore auto with a mulberry interior, it has colour coded bars and a colour coded boot garnish and front grill and it has A/C. It is a fleet pack and i have the original build sheet for it. Does anyone know who these could of been built for in that colour spec and trim level? I'm thinking Telstra personally but thought i would put the question out there.

Cheers Josh

1991VNvacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Vacationer 1971 HQ Kingswood
My Father work at telstra during that time period and dose not recall VN used as fleet cars.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Could be any fleet. More then likely government though.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
As said above....Telecom (before they became Telstra) didn't use VN's at that time.

Could have been any big company really....but most likely government.....they had the main contacts with holden back then

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool guys thanks for the info, would be good if you could find out who the company was but doubt that info would be out there. I just wasnt sure if it should have the colour coded bars etc as i thought the base model commodores were grey bumpered.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
I recall white VP wagons when i worked for telstra.
The last of those and vr/vs wagons were being traded in and replaced with vt wagons back when i was a band 5 tto2 tech for telstra.
The only sedan i recall not in white for for the area manager for the NDC section (before telstra sold us off and then withheld work contracts from us) and that was a VT in Tiger mica.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
my old white vr wagon was an ex telstra car, still had its owners manual. I will look into it abit more, no real benefit finding out but thought it would be interesting.