Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flex fuel LS1

H

harrop.senator

So I need new injectors and a pump anyway and after a petition and multiple complaints the servo up the road has pump E85 again after being broken for two years. ( Perth has five whole E85 stations)

Is the stock LS1 pcm capable of running a flex fuel sensor? Or no I need to e38 pcm conversion or stand alone?

I've not ran E85 on a non boosted car but I'm assuming being able to run like 35 degrees all in and not 28 will create a pretty big bang?

10.5:1
Ported heads
231/236 111+1 LSA (custom grind but think I've finally decided)
Tri y's , high flow cats twin 2.5's
3.5 K stall
3.46 diff gears

I guessed the race weight of 4000lbs with me in it and Martin Smallwood reckons I'll get a 115-117 mph trap.

How much difference will E85 make on my set up?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No it doesn’t have the power to do flex, e38 would be the go pretty cheap too.
Yeah if you are at 28 now 35 seems possible.
What’s the advertised or events @ .006” for that cam?

H

harrop.senator

Honestly have no clue. I thought I'd decided on a cam the tick performance Saturday night special torque max stage 2 .which was designed by Martin Smallwood before he left tick years ago.

But then I got a hold of the man himself and he said the torque max was good but he would reccomend him having this new grind done on an 8620 cam motion core.

And sorry just rechecked the messages it's 112+2 with .612/.595 with +9 degrees of overlap.

I have a fair bit of cam knowledge and couldn't decide between some of the similar specs cam and the supplier I'm using does the same price cam kit no matter what cam you order including custom.

So I hit up Martin for a reccomend he got the weight , stall flash, rear gear, compression , intake and exhaust specs and tyre size. And that's what he came out with for a street driven car that can run a hell of a time down the strip.

With this cam he thinks with et streets and the right suspension 11 seconds on pump isn't out of the question.

Do you know anything about e38 conversions in ls1's Monstar?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Honestly have no clue. I thought I'd decided on a cam the tick performance Saturday night special torque max stage 2 .which was designed by Martin Smallwood before he left tick years ago.

But then I got a hold of the man himself and he said the torque max was good but he would reccomend him having this new grind done on an 8620 cam motion core.

And sorry just rechecked the messages it's 112+2 with .612/.595 with +9 degrees of overlap.

I have a fair bit of cam knowledge and couldn't decide between some of the similar specs cam and the supplier I'm using does the same price cam kit no matter what cam you order including custom.

So I hit up Martin for a reccomend he got the weight , stall flash, rear gear, compression , intake and exhaust specs and tyre size. And that's what he came out with for a street driven car that can run a hell of a time down the strip.

With this cam he thinks with et streets and the right suspension 11 seconds on pump isn't out of the question.

Do you know anything about e38 conversions in ls1's Monstar?
No sorry I know about e38 not so much LS1.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i think there is only 1 ls1 p59 controller that can do flex its in american truck/suburban or something like that but i think its a basic setup nothing like the e38 if u can do a standalone e38 with cable throttle that would best option and change cam to a gen4 sensor type to suit ecu if u go that way, im not sure on the ins and outs of the swap but im sure many US guys have done it so should be kits out there

kham383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE
Yes you can add a flex fuel sensor to both Ls1 pcm's P01 512k & P59 1mb out of the VZ.
You just need change the OS base file to a flex enabled file out of a chevy truck or van.
Check out sloppy mechanics YouTube page to get an idea of what you need and what each pcm can do as in RTT 1bar 2bar 3bar