Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flexible trans lines vs hard lines ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
While this is a good idea, you don't really need it on trans cooler lines as the pressure is quite low.
i thought that too back in the day, i just cut the line and put a hose over it and then hose clamp, was good for a while until it popped off, was able to get under it and get the line back on and do it up to get home, then i put the bead on it and never had an issue again

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
i thought that too back in the day, i just cut the line and put a hose over it and then hose clamp, was good for a while until it popped off, was able to get under it and get the line back on and do it up to get home, then i put the bead on it and never had an issue again

It was a common mod on old Jeeps and mine never popped off and I hadn't heard of anyone elses coming off. But if it's happened to you then probably best to be safe and ball flare the ends.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I used to work for a guy who did heaps of taxis, we used to fit new falcons with trans coolers, we used rubber lines and his personal taxi wagon had 980,000km when we scrapped it.
We never had an issue once with rubber line.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

If you don't have a bead or barb it will blow off. Fixed many dodgy Indian taxis done wrong.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yep cooler hoses can and will come off without a bubble flare on the hard line.

Hose clamps work for a while until the rubber softens and the compression of the hose clamp reduces.

I’ll always try to use hard line anywhere near the exhaust.