Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flinders Street Protests 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
i know this thread was closed so i started this one just to put in my 2 cents.

I am a proud Australian citizen, i am also Indian. Ive lived in Australia for 17yrs now and i honestly think its one of the best countries in the world. I drive a Vt commodore, I go for drinks after work, watch the footy (west tigers is my team), I call everyone mate, I fkn love BBQs and I dont have an Indian ascent. But I am a proud Indian and I also consider myself a very proud Australian.

All you people telling Indians to fck off home just because they protest for their rights (yes, everyone has a right not to get bashed up). Very unfair. And before you say its not their country, its not your country either. Aboriginals were the first people in this island. I love that Australia is multicultural. I love that we are all able to express our opinions freely, freedom of speech.

Think...if it were your mates who were getting bashed you would want to protest. And you should, more power to ya. If your rights have been violated in any way you have the right to protest not matter what colour you are, white, black, green , blue, purple or yellow. Hold up traffic if you wish, close down the streets, waste police resources (we pay their salary after all) if it prevents just one person from getting bashed or hurt in any way, it was worth it.

Dont be small minded or judgmental. Look at the big picture, the only thing those Indians are asking for is to be treated fairly. They did nothing to deserve this treatment. And the only reason they got this treatment was because the are different.

I thought Aussies were bigger than that. I thought Aussies could get along with everyone (within reason of course). Look past those little differences.

What happened to the Aussie spirit???
c'mon guys... Be a mate and help out a mate.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
And before you say its not their country, its not your country either. Aboriginals were the first people in this island.

probably not the smartest thing to include in your argument

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
was aboriginal, since colonisation this land has been apart of the Crown under Terra Nullius...

there are correct means to go about an issue and I feel having a protest of only Indians could cause more animosity; if it was a group of all races against group bashings then if would have been more effetive.
IF all those who protested wrote to their local MP, by law their MP has to write back. If enough people write then it would have positive flow on effects

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
was aboriginal, since colonisation this land has been apart of the Crown under Terra Nullius...

there are correct means to go about an issue and I feel having a protest of only Indians could cause more animosity; if it was a group of all races against group bashings then if would have been more effetive.
IF all those who protested wrote to their local MP, by law their MP has to write back. If enough people write then it would have positive flow on effects

That is true, if people from other races got behind it it would be more effective. But Indians kinda like to stick together. Just like any other race i spose. Good and bad in a way...

And as you reference to "Terra Nullius" meaning uninhabited or uncolonised land, the British found a loop hole in their law. Just because the Aboriginals didn't build houses and buildings and lived in teepees or huts or whatever, it doesnt mean they weren't the first ones here. It didn't give the British the right to banish them from a place they called home for 40000 yrs before anyone else found this island.

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Acclaim
fr3ndlyfir3, good on ya, i support your argument 100%. Im a white australian, and as far as I know my family has been here since about the early 1800's. Australia is a melting pot for multiculturalism, it's an example of how people despite their ethnic, religious, sexual etc background can learn to accept each other and imbraces their differences and what other cultures have to teach them. I went to a highschool where i was 1 of about 50 white people of out 600 students and its taught me to be tolerant of other races. My best friends are phillipino, chinese, lebanese, greek, african and yes indian. Its a shame that a small ignorant minority would single out a particular group of people based on their ethnicity.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
fr3ndlyfir3, good on ya, i support your argument 100%. Im a white australian, and as far as I know my family has been here since about the early 1800's. Australia is a melting pot for multiculturalism, it's an example of how people despite their ethnic, religious, sexual etc background can learn to accept each other and imbraces their differences and what other cultures have to teach them. I went to a highschool where i was 1 of about 50 white people of out 600 students and its taught me to be tolerant of other races. My best friends are phillipino, chinese, lebanese, greek, african and yes indian. Its a shame that a small ignorant minority would single out a particular group of people based on their ethnicity.

Right on mate, you hit the nail in the head

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Acclaim
this situation reminds me of the race related violence of cronulla (which coinsidently was on my bday). Its amazing how people are quick to identify their differences before their similarities. Im sure that if the people who mug these students actually met them in a different set of circumstances they might actually be mates, targeting people because of their racial differences is an ideology that belongs in the same period of time as the bronze age, back when the world was flat and sea monsters were a legitimate threat...

There is nothing that justifies this type of violence

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
if it wasn't for Indians we wouldn't have taxi drivers
if it wasn't for the Italians we wouldn't have pizza
if it wasn't for the Chinese we wouldn't have 2 min noodles

we love you all

but but but
blend in and you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.