Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flinders Street Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Horse ****.

I believe it's Unfair that AUSSIE kids in AUSSIE schools cannot celebrate christmas or even have santa come and visit. I know it's not necessarily Indian, but it's all the other bloody cultures coming in and changing our ways and traditions.

Unfair my arse. What RIGHT do they have, as previously stated, wasting resources, hogging the city, and creating a nuisance for themselves.

Lol... do you even know what the subject of this thread is... lol. Wtf are you talking about christmas and their culture... lol...

This is the indian student community saying they have had a gutfull of being flogged by on a weekly basis... nothing to do with christmas or culture...

Yes, it is annoying that they are protesting by making other peoples day harder... and yes... the minority that started getting violent and throwing **** isn't helpnig their cause at all.

I agree with them that discrimination and attackes that are racially driven are pretty low, ironically... from the video's shown of the bashing that sparked all this... the attackers didn't exactly look born and bread australian.

BUT, on the flip side... every night of the week, hundreds of people get their arse handed to them in bloody brawls and it never makes the news... because it's not racially motivated... so it's not a good story...

I guess I sympathies with them for being targets of these attacks... but at the same time they are not doing themselves any favors with protests like the one at flinders street.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Lol... do you even know what the subject of this thread is... lol. Wtf are you talking about christmas and their culture... lol...

This is the indian student community saying they have had a gutfull of being flogged by on a weekly basis... nothing to do with christmas or culture...

Yes, it is annoying that they are protesting by making other peoples day harder... and yes... the minority that started getting violent and throwing **** isn't helpnig their cause at all.

I agree with them that discrimination and attackes that are racially driven are pretty low, ironically... from the video's shown of the bashing that sparked all this... the attackers didn't exactly look born and bread australian.

BUT, on the flip side... every night of the week, hundreds of people get their arse handed to them in bloody brawls and it never makes the news... because it's not racially motivated... so it's not a good story...

I guess I sympathies with them for being targets of these attacks... but at the same time they are not doing themselves any favors with protests like the one at flinders street.

Sorry, racially driven attacks???

Didn't the POLICE say they do not have any links to show it is racially motivated?

It is only racially motivated because the idiots protesting is saying it is. How else do you push such a bullshit story?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I think the give away was the face the bloke was indian and the attackers asked him what he is doing here and why doesn't he go back to his own country... they might be the give away that it was a raciam attack...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think the give away was the face the bloke was indian and the attackers asked him what he is doing here and why doesn't he go back to his own country... they might be the give away that it was a raciam attack...

Oh so 1 attack means EVERY attack is racially driven? The amounts of fights I was involved in, in sydney where it was because I was an aussie i lost count of, does this mean they are racially motivated and should mean I protest and shut down a city? No it doesn't, there has always been differences between cultures, would you call this racist? No, the term racist is flung around so wildly these days, much like hero is. I do not think telling people they are not welcome here is racist. These are just oppurtunistic attacks by downright thugs.

I mean, we have this family Kill claim in racism storm | Herald Sun claiming the drunk idiot that was hit by a train was murdered by a taxi driver and left lying on the tracks lol...

I will say this though, how many tourists are mugged and bashed in India each year, I dare you to try and protest like they did here over there...perhaps we start taking the same line as these countries do with this bullshit.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Rofl what a brilliant tactic, they whinge about these hate crimes so lets all hold a protest and make more people hate us. They should pack up and go back to India to study clearly they aren't going to major in common sense here.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
if you cant come to this country and try to string som words to gether, then get the **** out.

i had indians come into my shop on Friday dn the woman was trying to order her **** in her ****ed up language... clearly i didnt understand a word of it.

And to whoever the person in the media was that said it WASNT racially.... are they kidding them selves??... of course it is.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
... I do not think telling people they are not welcome here is racist. These are just oppurtunistic attacks by downright thugs.

You do make a good point.

I think the moral is... what is happening at Flinders Street is a protest with a weak cause, and in the end it will cause more harm then good...

I'm on the fence with this i guess... I don;t agree with people been attacked based on background in general... being that I'm a polak and I've experienced racial slurs and attacks first had when I was younger...

And at the same time, protesting about it is stupid and counter productive... plus they are victimising themselves... making it out to be more of an issue than it is.

In the end... in regards specifically to the protests at flinders street... two wrongs don't make a right.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm on the fence with this i guess... I don;t agree with people been attacked based on background in general... being that I'm a polak and I've experienced racial slurs and attacks first had when I was younger...

No one agree's with it, but fact is, just as many "White" anglo aussies are attacked by other races as they attack. It is further proof that no matter what you do, multiculturalism just doesn't work, no matter how hard you try. Sure we can live in peace for a little while, but it never lasts long, only need to look at world history to see this.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Maybe they should invest in better security at 7/11.

I agree with the majority here, the protest is the wrong thing to do and the claims and threats of cuting of trade etc by the Indian Government are just downright silly.

There are some places in Melbourne you just do not go after dark, its no cooincidece that a lot of these places are cultural melting pots so there are bound to be bashings that involve another race, doesnt mean its always raced related though. The protest isnt going to help. All theyve done is make everyone frustrated, everyone in a bad mood.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
There are some places in Melbourne you just do not go after dark, its no cooincidece that a lot of these places are cultural melting pots so there are bound to be bashings that involve another race, doesnt mean its always raced related though. The protest isnt going to help. All theyve done is make everyone frustrated, everyone in a bad mood.

Exactly, I mean, If i wanted a new laptop, blackberry, cash, i'd just find an Indian student walking around at 2am and help myself to it. They are opportunistic targets. They can't fight, are generally very weak, so its a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.