Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flinders Street Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Does it really matter if the attacks were racially motivated? Disgusting low act that 99.9% of Australians would disagree with. Protesting isn't going to do anything to stop those handful of fanatical nutcases bashing whoever they want, the bashers are probably loving all this commotion they caused. Protest is just plain stupid its just making people that may have sympathised with them resent them for ****ing up their day. They aren't going to win any support by pulling this sort of stunt, its only hurting them. If they do really think these attacks are racially motivated and they want to help stop them maybe they should concentrate their efforts into doing something constructive. Maybe working with police they could go out and about in public with descriptions of the attackers appealling for public information to catch these perpetrators. That would earn them a lot more sympathy and support than carrying on like a bunch of tools protesting and putting people offside.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^^ :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Does it really matter if the attacks were racially motivated? Disgusting low act that 99.9% of Australians would disagree with. Protesting isn't going to do anything to stop those handful of fanatical nutcases bashing whoever they want, the bashers are probably loving all this commotion they caused. Protest is just plain stupid its just making people that may have sympathised with them resent them for ****ing up their day. They aren't going to win any support by pulling this sort of stunt, its only hurting them. If they do really think these attacks are racially motivated and they want to help stop them maybe they should concentrate their efforts into doing something constructive. Maybe working with police they could go out and about in public with descriptions of the attackers appealling for public information to catch these perpetrators. That would earn them a lot more sympathy and support than carrying on like a bunch of tools protesting and putting people offside.

Jules, this method wont win bleeding heart hippy support then. So it is useless doing things the right way.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
I do not see the point to this protest.

If they think the goverment is going to do anything about it they are wrong. Maybe instead of protesting they could have used that time getting some self deffence classes.

Like everyone is saying, no one is safe walking the streets these days. Spend a night on frankston streets and you will get your arse handed to you.

If they dont like it then go home, atleast we will have some uni spots for australians.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
:rofl: Your going to quote a Hong Kong newspaper for stats?

Oh by the way, that 50,000 is Indian students only, which is a bloody fair percentage of all University students in Melbourne...

You'll find most overseas students end up in Victoria, NSW and some in Canberra.

Like I said, unless you have a more credible source of numbers, you have no basis for discrediting them. Put up, or shut up as the saying goes.

Horse ****.

I believe it's Unfair that AUSSIE kids in AUSSIE schools cannot celebrate christmas or even have santa come and visit. I know it's not necessarily Indian, but it's all the other bloody cultures coming in and changing our ways and traditions.

Unfair my arse. What RIGHT do they have, as previously stated, wasting resources, hogging the city, and creating a nuisance for themselves.

You're funny. Who exactly is stopping you or anyone else celebrating Christmas? There some secret Christmas police I don't know about? Let me guess, they are like the Stasi and get you in your sleep?

They have the right as humans not to have the **** beat out of them for no reason. You're calling them pricks for standing up for themselves?

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You'll find most overseas students end up in Victoria, NSW and some in Canberra.

Like I said, unless you have a more credible source of numbers, you have no basis for discrediting them. Put up, or shut up as the saying goes.

Oh so you are discrediting what I am saying with newspaper that isn't even Australia? ****ing brainiac right there.

The news paper even mentioned 50,000 STUDENTS not 50,000 Indians, but Indian Students. Thats a ****ing **** load of one group covering just students.

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
Kids from wealthy families who think the entire country owes them something because they spend their money here. Heard one of the protesters on radio this morning threatening we would lose heaps of money if something isn't done. Take ya money and pi$$ off and leave the uni vacancies for our kids. Militant A-holes.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Fair go mate, as I said, it's not necessarily Indian, but I believe Muslim? that don't believe or celebrate christmas?
I know for fact certain (public) schools cannot do the celebrations anymore due to parents of these communities and cultures cracking the sads! I'm not talking neccessarily based on Indian race what-so-ever. As I will continue to say - if you don't practice the tradition, or believe in it, excellent, you're entitled to your own beliefs and whatnot, just don't stop US from doing it

There's also no need to go around calling people "a first-class wanker."

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
Have a look at the country they come from.

All they do is protest which in turn causes more problems with attacks.

Dont like the system then work on changing it, not block the streets and yell abuse about how things could be better.

Anyway they should have their heads in books studying. Shouldnt have time to protest.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
:rofl: @ this thread... tr3nt still on about christmas... lol. gold

Status
Not open for further replies.