Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flinders Street Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Indian student protest

Ok, yes I understand that the indian student community has something to be angry about.

Not sure this is the best way to go about it... Annoying more people.

Though on that same not... I guess they really don't have any other avenues to get their messege across...

Opinions?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I'm sorry, i'm going to come across extremely racist, but MAJORITY of these people have migrated over from middle eastern countries - if you don't like it.. LEAVE. Simply no need to balls up public transport, use up police resources and waste people's time.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yes it is unfortunate what is happening to them. But I can tell you that they aren't the only ones to be getting bashed. Look at what happened to that guy last week when he helped someone out...he got stabbed and he died. He wasn't Indian now was he?

Don't make it hard for the rest of us by blocking off busy city streets. If they are really scared/worried about it then go back to India...that's much safer over there with bombings and what not...

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
throwing projectiles dident help them none..... they got signs like stop violence, and they go and do stuff like that, it may have helped if the minority of the crowd hadednt started throwing rocks and such, i havent seen this on the news or anything so im only going by these pictures, some look like it got a little bit out of hand, police wrestling a few people, if they wanted something to happen staging a violent protest wasnt the right way to do it, if anything i see the amount of bashings going up,

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sorry what is happening to them? Oh the same that happens to other people that aren't indians? Harden the **** up immigrants. If you don't like the job our police are doing **** off back to your shitty 3rd world shithole and stop acting like wankers.

Its time to shut the floodgates, it is becoming a joke when migrants are closing down one of our major cities with hooligan antics. What a waste of police resources.

I dare people to walk around parts of India at strange hours, I guarantee more than a bashing will occur heh...

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Not sure this is the best way to go about it... Annoying more people.

I'm sorry, i'm going to come across extremely racist, but MAJORITY of these people have migrated over from middle eastern countries - if you don't like it.. LEAVE. Simply no need to balls up public transport, use up police resources and waste people's time.

Don't make it hard for the rest of us by blocking off busy city streets. If they are really scared/worried about it then go back to India...that's much safer over there with bombings and what not...

I think you guys are missing the point about protests, they aren't to make friends, they are to raise general awareness about whatever your agenda is.

Seems to be working, it's got you lot talking about it ;)

As for the "**** off home" lines, not really fair. It's not like they are asking for anything unreasonable, they're just asking not to be targeted for bashings. I believe something like 1.5% of the population of Melbourne is Indian, yet they're saying 30% of bashings are against Indians? C'mon, you can't call that coincidence - they have a reason to be upset.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
As for the "**** off home" lines, not really fair. It's not like they are asking for anything unreasonable, they're just asking not to be targeted for bashings. I believe something like 1.5% of the population of Melbourne is Indian, yet they're saying 30% of bashings are against Indians? C'mon, you can't call that coincidence - they have a reason to be upset.

Ok, so we know 1.5% of Melbourne people are indians, where did this stat come from?
30% of bashings are against Indians? Another random stat?

A couple of bashings have occurred in shithole suburbs where loads of people get bashed, if you are going to walk around a shithole at all hours of the night, well what the hell do you think will happen?

The stats are bullshit and these people just need to either harden up, or not go out at stupid hours of the night. They are not hard done by lie the news would have you know or their made up stats would have you believe.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Ok, so we know 1.5% of Melbourne people are indians, where did this stat come from?
30% of bashings are against Indians? Another random stat?

A couple of bashings have occurred in shithole suburbs where loads of people get bashed, if you are going to walk around a shithole at all hours of the night, well what the hell do you think will happen?

The Standard - Outrage at `curry bashings'

To elaborate, there are supposedly less than 50,000 Indians in Melbourne, with a total population of 4 million. Works out as less than 1.25%.

Yes, the 30% figure was quoted as the being in the dodgier suburbs, but unless you can show that at least 30% of the population in those suburbs are Indian, it's still an over representation - the fact that you say loads of bashings go on actually means that any statistics are more valid as they have a larger sample size :p

The stats are bullshit and these people just need to either harden up, or not go out at stupid hours of the night. They are not hard done by lie the news would have you know or their made up stats would have you believe.

If you're going to call the stats bullshit, you'd better have some more credible information of your own, otherwise I'm calling your bluff.

Anyway, I'm not trying to take a side here, because I don't really have one, I'm not Indian and most of my mates aren't either, and the ones who are are not the type who'd be likely to come out worse in a fight :p My point is mainly around protests, what they are for and how they can be effective.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The Standard - Outrage at `curry bashings'

If you're going to call the stats bullshit, you'd better have some more credible information of your own, otherwise I'm calling your bluff.

:rofl: Your going to quote a Hong Kong newspaper for stats?

Oh by the way, that 50,000 is Indian students only, which is a bloody fair percentage of all University students in Melbourne...

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
As for the "**** off home" lines, not really fair.

Horse ****.

I believe it's Unfair that AUSSIE kids in AUSSIE schools cannot celebrate christmas or even have santa come and visit. I know it's not necessarily Indian, but it's all the other bloody cultures coming in and changing our ways and traditions.

Unfair my arse. What RIGHT do they have, as previously stated, wasting resources, hogging the city, and creating a nuisance for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.