Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flip Key

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
hi
i own a vy commodore series 2 and was wondering if i could get a flip key programmed to unclock my car.. my stock key got three buttons, so i am assuming it should be fine,, i dont wanna buy the key in advance until i hear from some1 who had done this before..

Seth_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II V6 Sedan
I'd like to see if its possible also!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Just rang holden an the answer is NO VE only .which sucks would have like 1 for my vx

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
I've looked into it too. the Vs-vz keys have the metal tab at the end which contacts the ring around the ignition and sends the code to the BCM telling it the key is the correct one to start the car,
VE keys are absent of that tab as it is inside the actual metal part of the key.

Until someone can prototype one with the metal tab, it ain't going to work. I have a few brand new VE stato flip keys here but there is no way.

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
could u change ure ignition barrel??

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
What I'm interested to see is if the "Spacekey" option will work. Kind of make my day to stop doing the "where the hell are my keys" dance and just push the button and start.

...course then I'd be doing the "where the hell is my wallet" dance, seeing you can fit the remote key in there instead.

(this thing) Bluewire Motorsport

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
What I'm interested to see is if the "Spacekey" option will work. Kind of make my day to stop doing the "where the hell are my keys" dance and just push the button and start.

...course then I'd be doing the "where the hell is my wallet" dance, seeing you can fit the remote key in there instead.

(this thing) Bluewire Motorsport

that seems cool but how much is it would be easier to just get a push button wired into the stock system my mates an autosparky and did it to his vy u still need to turn ure ignition on but u just push the button to start

Josh kiley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon
I saw a guy put his vt key into a ve flip key but never heard of it worked