Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flogged!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds like you know where it is....Pass the information on where you actually dumped it thief
And replace or refund that dodgy engine he sold.

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
The last time I saw a nice vh on siode of the road was my own sle broken down waiting for tow truck (again)

Highly doubt there be any decent early girls left out in open or easy access for a theif to get at them so whichever cars getting taken probably target on purpose & planned.

These days with social media & people knowing their own cars/parts kind of think most would want them for joyrides because can't see how they'd get away with trying to sell off the parts on faceballs or scumtree

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The last time I saw a nice vh on siode of the road was my own sle broken down waiting for tow truck (again)

Highly doubt there be any decent early girls left out in open or easy access for a theif to get at them so whichever cars getting taken probably target on purpose & planned.

These days with social media & people knowing their own cars/parts kind of think most would want them for joyrides because can't see how they'd get away with trying to sell off the parts on faceballs or scumtree

Agreed, they would have to be targetted, or opportunistic....

Gozza1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 Commodore VB
Either way public execution gets my vote ..

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Can I ask how many were stolen ? I checkout This group every so often I would of guessed you could count on one hand the amount of early commodores stolen in the last 12 months.
Hypothetically if you put the vin or body number whatever we call it, of a commodore stolen years ago into vicroads web site will it come up as stolen?

Last edited:

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Sounds like you know where it is....Pass the information on where you actually dumped it thief
So a former colleague has come out of the pub late one night and he sees these two aboriginal blokes trying to break into his car.
When he yelled out they both took off. One got away but he managed to grab the other one.
He yelled out for someone to call the cops and he had this bloke in a headlock to subdue him until the cops came. The aboriginal bloke then bit his ear off. All that he had on the right side of his face was about 10mm of gristle where his ear had been. When I asked him if he would do the same thing if it happened again.
He said yep no #$%#..... will ever steal a car of mine.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
At the end of the day it doesn't matter how well you protect the car.

Bollards, deadlocks, immobilisers, jackstands etc.

If someone wants it, they'll take it. I've seen cars stolen that have been up on hoists with no engines behind bollard shilded doors. Most classic/enthusiast car thefts aren't spur of the moment smash and grabs, people stake out the places for months before doing the deed.

I remember listening to a podcast ages ago where they interviewed an ex car thief who said "I don't care if you park it in your damn bedroom with you, if I want it, it will be mine."

I've got double barrel deadlocks on each end of my shed, CCTV, fuel pump killswitches, and other cars parked in front of the door. But I still wouldn't consider my car "safe" in the area I live.

StrokedLyfe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
watched an ABC news clip other night of these guys who stole an xr8 fg (i think) and took it deep into bushland.. car was wrecked but the cops did get them..
I think everyone just needs to be a bit headsmart on where we park our toys. Also helps if your good mates with the bikies :p which obviously not everyone can do..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
At the end of the day it doesn't matter how well you protect the car.

Bollards, deadlocks, immobilisers, jackstands etc.

If someone wants it, they'll take it. I've seen cars stolen that have been up on hoists with no engines behind bollard shilded doors. Most classic/enthusiast car thefts aren't spur of the moment smash and grabs, people stake out the places for months before doing the deed.

I remember listening to a podcast ages ago where they interviewed an ex car thief who said "I don't care if you park it in your damn bedroom with you, if I want it, it will be mine."

I've got double barrel deadlocks on each end of my shed, CCTV, fuel pump killswitches, and other cars parked in front of the door. But I still wouldn't consider my car "safe" in the area I live.

There has been a few car thefts that have hit the news because the lowlife scumbags have opened garage doors moved other cars out the way to get the car they want....

I consider myself fortunate, the area I live seems very quiet, with no reports of car theft that have hit the news....I can't say I've even heard of any car thefts in my street.....Then again, I do keep to myself and haven't seen the cops in the street much...So that's got to be a good sign..

And yup, the 2 cars I have out the front have the anti-theft devices fitted, to deter the opportunistic thief

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So a former colleague has come out of the pub late one night and he sees these two aboriginal blokes trying to break into his car.
When he yelled out they both took off. One got away but he managed to grab the other one.
He yelled out for someone to call the cops and he had this bloke in a headlock to subdue him until the cops came. The aboriginal bloke then bit his ear off. All that he had on the right side of his face was about 10mm of gristle where his ear had been. When I asked him if he would do the same thing if it happened again.
He said yep no #$%#..... will ever steal a car of mine.

It's funny....Some people would say, that is going to far, holding onto the bloke that attempted to break into the car and others would say, is that all he did...Held him in a headlock....

Me personally, that'd be one thing I'd attempt to do...Another would be to grab something and clobber them...2 V 1 makes using something to clobber them as evening the odds up... :) But it's a case of what you'd do when put on the spot...

I do feel sorry for your colleague getting his ear bitten off, just protecting his property....I hope he isn't suffering any long term problems as a result and glad his car didn't get nicked....