Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flood Damaged VT

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
what's the outcome from insurer?

considering the op original posted yesterday, i doubt the insurer would have gotten back to them just yet

chevdreamer

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Mate she was scared and didn't know what to do, there was flooding everywhere, cars in front of her were getting through she had a bus right up her ass. She drove through because she had to go through that water to get up to higher ground. There was nowhere to go if she turned around waters were rising. She was worried that water was going to keep rising or rip through like Toowoomba. She is not a risk taker and I am stunned she drove through it. She would **** herself if I drove through a foot of water. She did it because she had no option, and it was that bad no one knew where to go. I went down there an hour later and police were there directing people through the water because there was nowhere to go

chevdreamer

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT Wagon
The car is getting picked up tomorrow, I'll update in a few days or so when I get the outcome. The electrics are ####ed can't lock or unlock it

Miss L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Executive
poor thing.....at least shes ok though.....just make sure that u check out ur policy though and make sure u covered for it....not to b negative but u gotta watch their clauses......i hope (fingers crossed for ya) that its covered and all.......shall we say i work for an emerg service and we had a lotta ppl in the same situation....and i know some insurance co's dont cover it....and in fact someone i know same thing happened with his f word car and his insurance not covering it....hoping it gets resolved soon and that u can find urself another VT cheers Miss L :)

SidVicious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE II
I know exactly what your talking about mate, had to drive through a massive amount of water up here in QLD and you just don't anticipate how deep it will be. It was either that or we'd have the car stranded possibly flooded. It's good and all to give advice but when your in that same situation, everything changes.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Guaranteed Write-off!
Good to hear your wife got out of it safe and sound and hopefully lesson learned.

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
I was in a similar situation on the way home on Friday night, stuck behind 3 4wds (lucky for me ) cos had it have been vehicles that were more gutless and lower to the ground, they probably woulda cut out, anyway I couldnt pull a u turn or goto higher ground cos it was entirely flooded centre median woulda got bogged etc. Anyway I had to brave it and just go for it , half a metre of water and I'm amazed it got through OK, so f@#$#@ scared I was.
Carpet is nearly properly dry, i've pulled it up from the trims and got it airing out. Very lucky!
Fog lights on my naro front bar were 1/3 full of water, but thats all sorted now easy peasy. Screen is scratched due to the wiper blade coming out due to the heavy rains and high speed it was on :(

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Unfortunately it's too easy to be an 'arm chair' critic!...Until you are actually there and it's happening to you and it's split second decision time, you have to do what you feel is right.
chevdreamer, I recon you actually have the best outcome considering the circumstances, your missus could have drowned, has happened to others!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats the thing though,people just drive through flood water in a panic trying to "get home" instead of just turning around and going back to high ground and waiting for a couple of hours...Most people who have to be rescued have purposely driven into the water to begin with thinking they will make it across,and its not just the driver and passsengers who at risk,its also the blokes who have to rescue them.I live up in the bush,and I drive across a lot of river and creek crossings which are sometimes flooded,and if it looks a bit deep or fast flowing, I will walk through them first before attempting to drive through,Its just common sense.Mate,youve really gotta explain to your missus that she is very lucky to still be here, and that what she did, usually ends in disaster.A car can be replaced anytime,loved ones cant,people have to remember this,getting home or saving the car is not worth the risk.