Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flood Damaged VT

chevdreamer

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT Wagon
So with the rain and flooding we had yesterday it my wife 2 1/2 hours to get from bentleigh to hampton park ( just shy of our narre south home). She went through flood water got stuck in the middle water was up to the door handles. she tried starting the car in the water (she knows nothing about cars clearly) then some helpful blokes pushed her around the corner where she further tried to start the car with obviously no success. the car sat in flood water all night just above the bottom of the doors. i got the car towed home and managed to get it to fire. it was missing and knocking and carrying on so i shut it down. Called my insurer they are getting it towed to the assessment centre monday.

Anyone know what the outcome may be. over the phone they said it would most likely be a write off.

its a 00 series 2 tiger mica s pac. it was in mint condition.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i would say write off,id imagine with the electrics etc,they couldnt guarantee that they wouldnt stuff up down the track let alone the engines probably stuffed...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
It will be a write-off. VTs are worth piss all, and it will cost heaps to replace all the parts that would need replacing.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'd say it's a gonner for sure. Sad day when nice cars get drowned :(

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Chances are its cooked but did you pull the spark plugs out and crank it over to get any water out?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I was going to suggest changing plugs and oil and giving it another try at starting it.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
its gone. probably be reregistered in another state by some sleeze and sold to the unsuspecting. pity

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
Why do people drive into flood water, your wife is lucky to be alive. geez here's some water 4foot deep left see if i can submarine my car through it.
People driving into flood water put others lives at risk cause they almost always need rescuing. when are people going to learn..............................