Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I think the OP meant if it’s ok to floor it given he’s got a new upgraded cam(s) or if the cam(s) needed to be run in before you can have them heavy boots on…

but yeh, every engine needs a squirt every know & again :p
Pollushon already answer that Q. An extended run in isn’t really required for a cam.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
What he charge for a Dyno & tune/edit???

my V6 is almost nearing completion & I’m thinking a tune/Dyno to complete
Uhhh, for me I had exhausts already, essentially, for a tune, chains, oil pump, oil changes, installation of OTR and cams, Drift catchcan and fuel = $2800.. he didn’t provide Cams and OTR.
Wasn’t quite happy with the tune tbh, but need some reference to other cars with Cams to fully know if I got what I paid.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Uhhh, for me I had exhausts already, essentially, for a tune, chains, oil pump, oil changes, installation of OTR and cams, Drift catchcan and fuel = $2800.. he didn’t provide Cams and OTR.
Wasn’t quite happy with the tune tbh, but need some reference to other cars with Cams to fully know if I got what I paid.
I’ve already done all my mods…

cars just been fully serviced, so I wouldn’t mind a decent tune…

not too sure if I should get cams either, I’ve raised this question to various outlets & there seems to be some sort of controversy due to factory ECU & it’s limitations…

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Traffic light races are something P platers and Try Hards get excited about.....
I think when you're the king of the road there's no need to prove it.
Just fun moments with friends. That’s all, nothing to boast over

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
I’ve already done all my mods…

cars just been fully serviced, so I wouldn’t mind a decent tune…

not too sure if I should get cams either, I’ve raised this question to various outlets & there seems to be some sort of controversy due to factory ECU & it’s limitations…
Look mate. There’s definitely power in cams but from my short experience, it’s Garbo and not worth it for daily driving. BUT that’s without a high stall torque converter, so we will have to see once I get that too if drivings abit better. Atm it has too much jerk, and was even worse before my second “SMOOTH THE FKN THING OUT AND IM NOT PAYING U EXTRA MONEY FOR IT” tune : )

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
If your tuners worth his salt, flooring your car won't be an issue. The cams were scrubbed in before the tune was even close to finished. Giving your car the beans is more likely to bother the drivetrain before the engine, modern engines are built with precision and protected from drivers with the tune. The sort of life it takes off a well maintained engine is unlikely to bother you in time you own it

I mean otherwise why would you bother camming it?
Yeah mate, I hear this Tinking sound during decel at low speeds, when it jerks abit but dunno what that is atm tbh.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Look mate. There’s definitely power in cams but from my short experience, it’s Garbo and not worth it for daily driving. BUT that’s without a high stall torque converter, so we will have to see once I get that too if drivings abit better. Atm it has too much jerk, and was even worse before my second “SMOOTH THE FKN THING OUT AND IM NOT PAYING U EXTRA MONEY FOR IT” tune : )
Are you running an electric throttle controller???

…if yes, what setting have you set it to???

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Are you running an electric throttle controller???

…if yes, what setting have you set it to???
Nope. Guy said that throttle controller runs Worse on Cams… so I didn’t get those. wana try it tbh

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Nope. Guy said that throttle controller runs Worse on Cams… so I didn’t get those. wana try it tbh
if you’re getting that “jerking” motion with your vehicle now… wait till you try the throttle controller @ setting 11 :eek: