Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Got my VE series 2 SV6 in for some go faster bits and the dyno figure baseline was 170rwkw. Will be interesting to see what it pulls after the hi flow cats, OTR and 95 tune has been done. I know there is a lot of variation between dynos so there is no definitive right or wrong.

The tuner said to me he would be very surprised if it did not break the 200rwkw mark. That was my ultimate mark to hit but was not sure if it would get anywhere near that. Will be curious to see the torque figure too.

They built me some 200 cell cats but have to wait until next week for the rest of the work to be done. Would be interesting to have seen what it would have ended up with if I got cams done too

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Got my VE series 2 SV6 in for some go faster bits and the dyno figure baseline was 170rwkw. Will be interesting to see what it pulls after the hi flow cats, OTR and 95 tune has been done. I know there is a lot of variation between dynos so there is no definitive right or wrong.

The tuner said to me he would be very surprised if it did not break the 200rwkw mark. That was my ultimate mark to hit but was not sure if it would get anywhere near that. Will be curious to see the torque figure too.

They built me some 200 cell cats but have to wait until next week for the rest of the work to be done. Would be interesting to have seen what it would have ended up with if I got cams done too
The Alloytec is quite efficient straight out of the box so I think you might struggle to get over 200rwkw.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
The Alloytec is quite efficient straight out of the box so I think you might struggle to get over 200rwkw.
It's an LFX not an alloytec, I believe the LFX make more power easier than the previous engines.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
It's an LFX not an alloytec, I believe the LFX make more power easier than the previous engines.
The LFX is made to be more efficient than the earlier versions of the Alloytec and has the exhaust manifold built into the cylinder head so would probably be more difficult to get extra power from than the older Alloytecs.

One of the major reasons you can get so much extra power out of an LS is because the engine design is very inefficient from the outset so there’s a lot of low hanging fruit available to improve engine performance. The more fuel efficient an engine is from the factory the more difficult it is to wring extra performance out of it as the two parameters are inextricably linked together (fuel efficiency and performance).

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
The LFX is made to be more efficient than the earlier versions of the Alloytec and has the exhaust manifold built into the cylinder head so would probably be more difficult to get extra power from than the older Alloytecs.

One of the major reasons you can get so much extra power out of an LS is because the engine design is very inefficient from the outset so there’s a lot of low hanging fruit available to improve engine performance. The more fuel efficient an engine is from the factory the more difficult it is to wring extra performance out of it as the two parameters are inextricably linked together (fuel efficiency and performance).
Ah well, I guess I will find out soon enough, the few websites I looked at they did mention that you can get more increases out of an LFX with the same mods and a tune as apparantly Holden detuned the LFX quite a bit to meet emission standards. Next week I will know one way or the other.

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Ah well, I guess I will find out soon enough, the few websites I looked at they did mention that you can get more increases out of an LFX with the same mods and a tune as apparantly Holden detuned the LFX quite a bit to meet emission standards. Next week I will know one way or the other.
That is true. I noticed LLT and older engines made less than LFX with the same mods (excluding exhaust manifolds)… tho they sound really nicer than LFX