Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flywheel adaptor

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
Hi peoples

I am having big issues with my flywheel. I have converted my vr commodore to manual using an 8 bolt ,but the 8 bolt flywheel is hitting the back of the motor.
What I would like to know is if there is ment to be a spacer between the flywheel and crank and if I have to use longer flywheel bolts as the old bolts that came out are to short. If anyone has a photo of where the flywheel mattes up to the crank just in case I have the wrong flywheel that would be great.

Any help ASAP would be great
cheers

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is your starter motor a manual starter motor? The starter motors in automatics and manuals are different, and if you are still using the starter for an automatic, apparently the flywheel will foul it.

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
It's a manual one mate. I think I have the wrong flywheel wheel. I bought a complete conversion and the guy f**ked me over. I asked for a 8 bolt and he sent a 6, I then asked him to send the 8 bolt and it looks like he has just found one around the wrecking yard that had 8 holes and sent that.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
I have had mixed dealings with one of the wreckers when I lived in Armidale.

I always tried to think they were clueless, but they were probably a little dodgy too. However, I am sure if you go and see them, you will sort it out.

Doesn't make up for the fact that you have probably got a lot of work to do the swap over now.

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
Yeah cl**fy's can be like that some times lol. But I bought it in Sydney not up here. I have to try and find an 8 bolt by tomorrow afternoon as I need the car to go to sydney on wednesday. fun fun.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It's a manual one mate. I think I have the wrong flywheel wheel. I bought a complete conversion and the guy f**ked me over. I asked for a 8 bolt and he sent a 6, I then asked him to send the 8 bolt and it looks like he has just found one around the wrecking yard that had 8 holes and sent that.

If the flywheel is from a VN S1 (which is six bolt), Castlemane Rod Shop has an adapter, not sure how much it is.

Check the manual conversion thread in the How-to section, as i'm pretty sure they used one there.