Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flywheel + Flexplate mirror balancing, Where to get it done???

hillboy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
hey there, Im in one of those situations where i need to get my t5 flywheel mirror balanced to my l67 auto flexplate.. I Thought this would be easy, but problem is everywhere iv rang have either said cant do it or they need the whole crank.. Why in so many topics have people said 'just get your flywheel mirror balanced to your flexplate' like its so simple and everywhere does it? I'v rang places from Melbourne to Adelaide and no luck..

Does anyone know who does it? without trying to sell me a whole flywheel for $600 that still needs balancing? and doesn't require the crank . Preferably withing Victoria.

Thanks

Juzz_vyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
hey there, Im in one of those situations where i need to get my t5 flywheel mirror balanced to my l67 auto flexplate.. I Thought this would be easy, but problem is everywhere iv rang have either said cant do it or they need the whole crank.. Why in so many topics have people said 'just get your flywheel mirror balanced to your flexplate' like its so simple and everywhere does it? I'v rang places from Melbourne to Adelaide and no luck..

Does anyone know who does it? without trying to sell me a whole flywheel for $600 that still needs balancing? and doesn't require the crank . Preferably withing Victoria.

Thanks
Know it’s old as **** post but hassss anyyy oneee solved this yet

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi,

Never done this, but "in theory" I would assume a mirror balance is where you a re trying to have the same balance on the T5 flywheel as the L67 flex-plate. I am assuming you are changing the gearbox and want to match the flex-plate (in)balance to the flywheel's (in)balance.

If you rigidly connect the T5 flywheel to the L67 flex-plate but 180 degrees rotated, then you can dynamically balance the flywheel. With a perfect balance of the combined unit, you will have matched the in-balances of the two parts. Separating the flex-plate and the flywheel will give you a T5 flywheel balanced for the engine.

Obviously both the flywheel and the flex-plate would need to be centered correctly and rigidly connected for the balance.

All this is theory, Good luck!